style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3916 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Problem is the powers that be are happy with the status quo.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

I am sure the person in this article posted on CAG but I cannot find the thread.

I think at some point a judicial review will be need to sought to look at how councils are using bailiff companies.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

I am sure the person in this article posted on CAG but I cannot find the thread.

I think at some point a judicial review will be need to sought to look at how councils are using bailiff companies.

You are right UB, but they will fall back on the excuse that they are collecting debts to the State, so the end justifies the means. In the case quoted, it is entirely likely that the bailiff would have "persauaded" the innocent vulnerable person to pay the debt by claiming it "belongs to the address", or some other lie.if his mother hadn't been around.

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Unfortunately, I have recently been in hospital and they now allow patients to use mobile phones (on silent mode ) on the ward and I had quite a few missed calls from unknown numbers and it was only when I was released last week and felt well enough to play back the messages that I realised that they were all from journalists looking for interviews about bailiffs. I would have liked to have given some quotes that's for sure. I was too late...

The subject of "bailiffs" appears to be "hot news" at the moment and this morning, I have received 3 emails about new stories that are planned and the bailiff industry needs to be very careful at the moment as there is a "rumour" ...and a strong one at that.....that another film company are looking at another programme to expose the tactics that the industry are currently using to extract HUGE fees from debtors.

They have been warned before.......

They have been warned before.......

But seeing as they all know better it will fall on deaf ears. It's a shame we have to have another expose when the Companies concerned know & condone what their operatives are doing. Better still if an example was made of a half dozen or more, but there again one needs the cooperation of the Police who at times are thicker than thick.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]