No service, no statements. Post Office BB

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3940 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can anyone give any advice on where to go with this please?

It all began at the start of the year when my broadband, supplied by the post office, began to drop out. First it was once every two days then it was numerous times every day. I also had a problem with the phone line. This problem continued for just under two months in spite of numerous calls made to the post office plus emails, the problem was never resolved! I was promised a new modem as an I.T friend of mine spoke to the post office explaining to them what the problem was with the BB dropping. They also had him changing sockets, filters etc. This modem never did arrive. So my last option was to cancel the subscription citing they had broken their contract by lacking to supply a service. (Plus the fact that I really need an internet connection and a phone I can rely on)

Why did I not receive bill from the post office for their service's and why is the customer services so diabolical, in regards of promising to return calls and never once doing so? Not sending a break down monthly bill’s, let alone a finale receipt, is this an acceptable appropriate way to deal with financial transactions between the supplier customers.

After two months, the post office took money out of my account (in the hundreds) without my knowledge, but my bank did block that transaction. After calling Ofcom" who told me to call the ombudsman who then began to deal with the complaint against the post office.

Now the ombudsman have past me back to Ofcom who are currently looking into the lack of paperwork from the post office, statements etc. Meanwhile the ombudsman is continuing with investigating my complaint, after I called them once again today to highlight my concerns, which they apparently completely missed this included my email sent some weeks ago.

The point is, if the ombudsman chooses in favour of the multimillion post office, would there be another body I can take this complaint to be analysed, as I really do feel the post office failed in their duty to supply me with a working service for almost two months with never sending me a single statement, paper or otherwise.

The ombudsman said, the post office has informed them that they have tried to contact me on numerous occasions, but that is just a plain and simple lie, I have not received an email, letter or phone call on the both phone numbers that was provided to the Post Office not even on my first complaint.

:jaw:Today Ofcom informed me that I would have to PAY for legal advice should the decisions go against me. They also informed me that they “only monitor” and cannot give out advise, and similarly ombudsman can only mediate and make the final decision.:???: All very CONfusing. :-(

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Edited by captainjane

ask them for how they attempted to contact you and dates

you would be supprised how many isps get told "we cant get internet" but still only send contact by the email address they set up when you setup the account

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek: