22 Days out of warranty... No help!

majmcgrath
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3918 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello there,

My partner purchased a ProAction A105Q Washing Machine from Argos on the 27/07/12 which was delivered on 02/08/12, the machine has started to trip the main socket fuse and is completely unusable. (Fuses have been checked and replaced...)

I have contacted Argos twice about this and am at a loss as to how to proceed.

My first contact started well enough and after speaking to a Sarah and Michael agreed that the machine should qualify for a free engineer call out -

Imagine my surprise when after being transferred to JTM, their 3rd party repair service the woman I spoke to had no idea what I was talking about and refused to entertain any visit not carried out on a chargeable basis - Her manager explained that they needed a Customer Service Manager from Argos to OK this.

Back to the phone and after another 20 minutes and stubborn resistance with regard to allowing me to speak to a manager I spoke to another Michael...

This conversation was unproductive - And after trying to explain SOGA, I had the distinct impression that the person I had been speaking to was not an actual manager.

His parting words to me being "It don't matter if it's a day or a month if you don't have a extended warranty it's tough luck" - This according to Michael is the official Argos policy.

I have given up hope of Argos resolving this in a reasonable manner, any suggestions folks?

Thanks for reading my tale of woe, sorry it was a bit long.

Ignore argos. SOGA covers you.

You need to stop talking to them on the phone and get everything in writing. Get a complaint to their head office and give them a set amount of time to pick up the machine and fix or replace it.

If they fail, give them one more chance, get on to trading standards and file it as a formal complaint before you take legal action.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Thanks, was hoping common sense would prevail but your suggestion is the way we'll be going.

Argos and Common Sense don't belong in the same language. They have already stated to you that they dont adhere to UK law. So its time to get that complaints procedure exhausted.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D