Washing machine repair from Hoover Candy via Domestic and General

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3921 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

We have a hoover washing machine just over 1 year old. concrete stabiliser broken. Would have to wait 2 weeks for engineer, just before visit told by Hoover parts had been sent to engineer but he was on holiday, next available date a further 2 weeks. He was due today [23 Aug ] .He did not arrive, so contacted Hoover, who gave me his phone number. He said he was not booked for repair and had not received any spare parts. eventually contacted customer services who said that they had a duty of care to their customers and someone [ Barbara ] from another dept. would contact me in order to resolve the problem. Many hours later I have not received any contact from Hoover and needless to say , judging what I have read on this forum, it may be sometime before Hoover get their act together.

We have a hoover washing machine just over 1 year old. concrete stabiliser broken. Would have to wait 2 weeks for engineer, just before visit told by Hoover parts had been sent to engineer but he was on holiday, next available date a further 2 weeks. He was due today [23 Aug ] .He did not arrive, so contacted Hoover, who gave me his phone number. He said he was not booked for repair and had not received any spare parts. eventually contacted customer services who said that they had a duty of care to their customers and someone [ Barbara ] from another dept. would contact me in order to resolve the problem. Many hours later I have not received any contact from Hoover and needless to say , judging what I have read on this forum, it may be sometime before Hoover get their act together.

If only you could get the concrete block locally, it is an easy DIY job, if there are no other broken parts. If the concrete block is broken, it would probably be best have the machine properly inspected, as it could indicate some other problem.

Phone Hoover to ask whether they will pay for a local appliance engineer to be called out or provide for a temporary replacement machine, while yours is taken away. I don't think the time delay is acceptable and you could phone Citizens Advice helpline to see what you can do about this. From what I understand it rests upon what is considered to be reasonable time for the machine to be fixed. I have heard of people waiting many months.

Citizens Advice consumer service Its advisors are trained to give practical advice on all kinds of consumer issues - from problems with cars to faulty household appliances.

Call them now for any questions about your consumer rights, product or service issues.

08454 04 05 06

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread