contribution based esa

dorothy-anne
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3939 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ok, so I am in the support group and i understad that as such the contrib based esa, like goes on forever and doesn't change to income based after 365 days so I have a question that's been bugging me...

If this is based on the contributions I have paid over the years in work is there a limit to the number of contributions that I can use? I mean, does it sort of ''run down'' the contributions that might have been used towards my final pension or something?

So will I get less pension if I stuck on ESA for the next year or so?

And how do you know how long they - ATOS - has suggested you have off to recover? I was assessed in feb 2013 and haven't heard anything since and I am really beginnning to watch the postman and dread what he might bring.

(and my psychiatrist says I worry too much Haha)

also, and sorry to be going on so, but if I am the 'contributions' support group how do I get free dental care as my teeth are suffering and they said I have to be on' income based' ESA to get free dental...so win some lose some I guess.

i know about the HS2 form but with the extra money on 'support' group do you think I'd be be able to get an HS2 on the basis of low income?

Right. Done. crawling back into house.

Edited by honeybee13

Ok, so I am in the support group and i understad that as such the contrib based esa, like goes on forever and doesn't change to income based after 365 days so I have a question that's been bugging me...

If this is based on the contributions I have paid over the years in work is there a limit to the number of contributions that I can use? I mean, does it sort of ''run down'' the contributions that might have been used towards my final pension or something?

So will I get less pension if I stuck on ESA for the next year or so?

And how do you know how long they - ATOS - has suggested you have off to recover? I was assessed in feb 2013 and haven't heard anything since and I am really beginnning to watch the postman and dread what he might bring.

(and my psychiatrist says I worry too much Haha)

also, and sorry to be going on so, but if I am the 'contributions' support group how do I get free dental care as my teeth are suffering and they said I have to be on' income based' ESA to get free dental...so win some lose some I guess.

i know about the HS2 form but with the extra money on 'support' group do you think I'd be be able to get an HS2 on the basis of low income?

Right. Done. crawling back into house.

As far as I know If you are placed in the support group there will be no time limit on how long you can receive contribution-based ESA. If you are in the work group related activity that is paid only for 365 days!

I am sure others may help you more for sure!

No, it doesn't run down your contributions and it won't affect your pension. Indeed, while you are receiving any type of ESA, you also receive an NI credit for each full week you're on the benefit.

It can be difficult to tell how long Atos have suggested it should be before you are reassessed. One thing you could do is contact the DWP and ask for a copy of your ESA85 medical report - it might say on there.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

: dorothy-anne:

Awards of contributions flavoured employment n support with the support component remain in payment for the duration of the award without affecting entitlement to state retirement pension. The contributions aren't 'used up' in any way. Actually, you'll get some more credited (towards your pension) for so long as you're in receipt of your present award. :-)

Following a work capability assessment Atos recommend a period of time before reassessment but it's not set in stone. Any time after three months Jobcentreplus can, and sometimes do, reassess. You may find out the recommendation for the cost of a phone call to your benefit centre. If not, written request to your benefit centre for a copy of the ESA85/85A Atos report. Doesn't need a reason and it can be useful for next time Atos come a calling.

Help with health costs depends on low income, not other benefits.

http://www.nhsbsa.nhs.uk/1125.aspx

In England, their alternative phone number 01912 790565 gets you a real person to talk to. :-)

Margaret.