Policy Cancelled Advice - ** RESOLVED **

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3954 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi i come across the forums while searching for help regarding this company and wondered if any one could help.

I missed a payment via DD on the 30th July 2013. I phoned octagon on the 2nd august to make this missed payment but was told they cant take payment and that the payment will be taken again. I then received a letter from Octagan on the 6th to say that the bank has cancelled the direct debit and to contact premium credit with bank details to continue the insurance if not done the policy will be cancelled. We phoned them on the 6th same day to make payment of missed installment and set up new bank details as i changed bank account. I was told by premium credit no payment was due only the bank details and that insurance was sorted and no further problems. I also have an active claim with them as someone went into my car and its a non fault claim which has been going on for 2 months now. Today received text saying your insurance has been cancelled!

I rang Ocotgan and explained that i there has been a mix up and that they should not have cancelled my insurance. The call centre employee said i need to take up my complaint with premium credit and that my insurance can not be reinstated and that i now need to pay £350 and then take out a new policy to be insured. After a lengthy phone call and speaking to managers?? I am told the same thing nothing can be done as its been cancelled. I feel like ive been treated very unfairly and have also been a customer for over 1 year. Its the middle of the summer holidays with 5 kids i am now unisured i cant afford to get new insurance with another company.

Please can anyone give me advise on how i can make a complaint or if you have been in this situation before what to do.

UPDATE: success

I have had our insurance reinstated. After requesting the details of the CEO of premium credit i was given a name and they quickly changed their tune. I also threatened them with a formal complaint letter. The lady on the phone went from being unable to help me at all to ringing me back to say they had investigated my complaint and could see that it was their fault and they were very apologetic.

Thank you for this board even tho no one replyed i ws able to use the other threads for advice.

Hello there.

I'm sorry nobody replied to you, it could be because the Octagon forum is quite quiet. It's good that other threads were helpful, because obviously the principle is the same.

Well done and thank you for letting us know. I'll amend your thread title. :)

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Honeybee

Perhaps the folders for Octagon and others where hardly any posts are made need to be closed down and just added to the normal thread. When I look in, I just scan the folders. The main complaints seem to be with Hastings Direct and Swintons, so they are justified in having separate folders. Also Aviva as the largest Insurers justify a separate folder and they have a site rep who looks in regularly.

The problem with some of these companies is that they are taking on more business than they can really handle. If they are coming up as the cheapest on comparison sites, they can take on a volume of business, but they have to have the back office capability to handle this.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

UncleB, will take on board your suggestions - passed to admin for advice :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D