Carter/lowells - court claim for old Aqua card debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3854 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I had a credit card with aqua which went to Lowell Financial Limited.

This then went to a company called Fredricksons.

I had a letter from BRYAN CARTER SOLS on 19 jul saying i needed to contact Fredricksons within 14 days (which I didnt)

now received letter dated 9th august which says

" we have been instructed by fredrickson international limited on behalf of lowell financial ltd to issue court proceedings on 23 august 2013

if payment of this debt is not received by us by that date"

Question is what do I do??

I have never written or spoken to any of these companies.

thanks in advance for any help

***Forget to say on letter dated 19th jul.. it says our client lowells, then asked by fredricksons to contact and on bryan carter headed paper ??? very confused..

Edited by hohohoxmas

Hi I had a credit card with aqua which went to Lowell Financial Limited. This then went to a company called Fredricksons.

I had a letter from BRYAN CARTER SOLS on 19 jul saying i needed to contact Fredricksons within 14 days (which I didnt)

now received letter dated 9th august which says " we have been instructed by fredrickson international limited on behalf of lowell financial ltd to issue court proceedings on 23 august 2013 if payment of this debt is not received by us by that date"

Question is what do I do??

I have never written or spoken to any of these companies.

thanks in advance for any help

***Forget to say on letter dated 19th jul.. it says our client lowells, then asked by fredricksons to contact and on bryan carter headed paper ??? very confused..

bryan acts on behalf of others. As soon as a defence is filed ( he doesnt care what the claim is for), he runs off and leaves the creditor to pick up the pieces.

You say it is for a credit card. When did you last make a payment to the debt, and acknowledge it in writing?

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

i last made a payment on this about 4 years ago. It may be even 5 years ago but I would have to back track and check. used to have it on a dd but cancelled when they wouldn't stop my ppi and were overcharging me even though i had a dd in place.

• 3 weeks later...

so did you get court papers?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 1 month later...

Well had court papers from bryan carter.

Issued 17/oct

+ 5 days = 22nd Oct + 14 days = 5th November to respond.

1) am I better to respond now? or leave to closer to the 5th Nov

2) also if I do the AOS would it then be that I have a further 14 days from 5th nov??

never had any default notice

not sure where to go from here ?

You have 33 days in total, 5 for service, 14 to Aos and another 14 to submit defence if that is what you intend to do.

Can you type up what they state in the POC?

Give us more history of the debt and what action you have taken in the past, it will help other to assist.

can we have the EXact text of the Particulars of the Claim.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Its probably carters standard one. THey use the same one for pretty much every single debt.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D