So depressed about the representation of benifit claiments in the media

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3858 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

What gets me is it not scroungeing when people or there perrants have paid into the system all there lives its realy your money or hower money there given us back

Why should anybody be entitled to something just because their parents paid "into the system"? How does that give you a free ride? If somebody has worked and paid their national insurance/taxes or if they are unable to, for reasons of disability, then they should be entitled to receive welfare. If they haven't and they are perfectly able to work, why should they receive welfare without giving something back in return? By that I mean an honest attempt to get paid work and stand on their own two feet. What's wrong with that?

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

I am moving this to the Bear Garden. This forum is for people who need advice, not a pity party.

Well put.

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

This is a serious issue Bigissue is depressed about been put down for been unemployedI was only trying to keep their spirits up.

It is very kind of you to try and cheer BigIssue up. I cant imagine what it is like to have family and friends believe that you are milking the system.

Sadly this appears to be happening quite a lot at the moment and even those with visible disabilities are being targeted.

For the foreseeable future, this is going to continue - BigIssue needs to find something else to focus on rather than sinking further into depression.

..this Bear Garden, do we get in at a reduced rate for being unemployed? :)

Absolutely, only two milk bottle tops are required.. usual rates 6 !!!

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Yes agreed but when you do need help you shouldent have to fight the system to get some help

True, but nor should it be taken as read. There have to be checks and balances to make sure that claimants are genuine, something that appears to have been missing in the past.

True, but nor should it be taken as read. There have to be checks and balances to make sure that claimants are genuine, something that appears to have been missing in the past.

There have always been checks for DLA and sickness benefits. It's not a case of "I can't work, please can I have some benefits?" I've had to fight to get the benefits I need and I know many who have had to fight too.

Until you have been it the situation of having to claim benefits you will just not believe the way you can be treated.

I worked for almost 40 years paying my dues prior to my health problems and had never been out of work for more than a few days, but I have had to fight for every single penny that I have applied for since being on benefits !!

In my opinion if you have been working for several years and are then unfortunate enough to have to claim benefits, then you are an easy target for DWP because they know you have a work ethic and so can be bullied into returning to work irrespective of what type of work or indeed irrespective of what form of illness or disability you may be suffering from. DWP know they will get nowhere with the real scroungers and appear to leave them alone.

The real problem isn't the benefits system it is the fact that the ordinary working man is not paid a proper living wage and is paid a pittance to make even more money for those who have money.

The rich get richer and the poor get poorer and then the rich tell the poor look at that benefit claimant doing nothing and being paid from the taxes you have paid and the poor then get angry at the even poorer and want them to have even less. And the rich rub their hand and smile and decide to tell the poor worker he cannot afford to pay him so much.

DWP know they will get nowhere with the real scroungers and appear to leave them alone.

Not strictly true, why waste resources chasing a tiny percentage of welfare claimants when there is more cash to be saved by hounding the overwhelming majority which are genuine claimants?

The real problem isn't the benefits system it is the fact that the ordinary working man is not paid a proper living wage and is paid a pittance to make even more money for those who have money.

Can't argue with that point.

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

Can someone explain what the point of the following is:

You work, you earn a low wage and need benefits to allow you pay your rent, etc. So, why are you taxed on your income and then given benefits? It would make more sense if you were given a higher tax allowance instead of being taxed and then being given that money back in the form of benefits.

Didn't we have it before where you were given allowances for having a child, etc, instead of just being taxed and then being given that allowance back in the form of benefits?

Can someone explain what the point of the following is:

You work, you earn a low wage and need benefits to allow you pay your rent, etc. So, why are you taxed on your income and then given benefits? It would make more sense if you were given a higher tax allowance instead of being taxed and then being given that money back in the form of benefits.

Didn't we have it before where you were given allowances for having a child, etc, instead of just being taxed and then being given that allowance back in the form of benefits?

Isnt this why the personal tax threshold has been raised to 9500 or whatever it is now. Anything over that they need to tax otherwise the tax sheet would look even more dire.

Why do you think they introduced the 'you must stay in education until you are 18' it makes the jobless figures look better, there are hundreds of thousands if not millions of 16-18 year old out of work and not in any form of education, but there not on the official jobless sheet.

Why do you think they introduced the 'you must stay in education until you are 18' it makes the jobless figures look better, there are hundreds of thousands if not millions of 16-18 year old out of work and not in any form of education, but there not on the official jobless sheet.

Yet, it's unfair to force someone to be in some form of education. They're just to going to cause trouble for those who want to learn.

What gets me company's are making millions and they pay there worker poor wages so we have to claim tax credits to make up a living wage it's wrong thay should be made to give everyone a proper living wage then we don't have to claim tax credits or help with c/tax or help with rent

• 2 months later...
I find that they main thing that seems to anger them and others about my not working is that they work in jobs they hate and resent the fact that I don't have to (currently) and there anger does seem to vary depending on what they have been exposed to on the TV or in the paper.

I just feel sad and depressed about the whole thing.

Incorrect assumption.

I can get angry not because of what I see on TV or in the paper but because of what I see in real life.

Having calculated eveything regarding my financial situation with work, as opposed to being on benefits, I am better off in work to the tune of about £20.

Essentially, I work for £20 a week for 48 hours hard graft, 5am start as opposed to doing nowt.

I do it because I am a worker, I cannot just lounge about.

Why on earth shouldn't this anger me?

I do a large commute to work, and I end up about even financially as when I was on benefits.

Look to the future though, on benefits you cannot get a promotion, and when applying for better paid / higher skilled work in the future, who has the more chance? Yourself with proven experience or someone on benefits?

Keep your chins up all. Those in work keep pushing forward, those out of work keep looking for work and those who cannot work keep fighting for the support you need.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar