Specsavers

Buncrana
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3939 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys,

I picked up replacement glasses a couple of weeks ago.

They were replacements for ones that kept sliding off my face, lightweight ones, no bar across the top.

I asked for the exact same type of lens as before, lightweight, coated with Reaction Lenses.

Because of doing shift work, involving nights, I have just noticed that the reactions have not been included in the lenses.

Before I start having a go at Specsavers, where do I stand with this?

I'm looking at the receipt, and it doesn't say ''reactions'' anywhere on it. But I did state that to the three staff members I dealt with, that it had to be the same as before.

Any suggestions guys??

Regards,

Buncrana

They might just have got the re-order wrong. Why don't you just contact them and politely point out the mistake.

You don't need to 'Have a go' at them. I don't expect the three staff members colluded to deliberately annoy you.

H

46 years at the pointy end of the motor trade. :eek:

HMCTS Approved Technical Expert and Independent Motor Trade Consultant

I would have thought the receipt/invoice would have identified the reaction lenses had you been provided with them.

I agree with hammy, politely ask if the prescription is complete as you requested. If not, why not and have you been charged for something you haven't received.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

They might just have got the re-order wrong. Why don't you just contact them and politely point out the mistake.

You don't need to 'Have a go' at them. I don't expect the three staff members colluded to deliberately annoy you.

H

I would have thought the receipt/invoice would have identified the reaction lenses had you been provided with them.

I agree with hammy, politely ask if the prescription is complete as you requested. If not, why not and have you been charged for something you haven't received.

Apologies guys, I worded that post badly.

I've never had any problems before with Specsavers, been using them for years.

I've just checked the receipt. It isn't listed, but they do a three month no quibble guarantee.

I've already e mailed them, so will wait and see what they say.

Again, sorry for wording it badly, I'd never have a go at anyone without just cause :)

Could just give the store a ring where you got them from and ask to speak to the manager.

• Confused 1

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Quick update time.

All is well.

Had a chat with them, they've agreed to do a pair at a time, but the cost is £48-00 each pair :(

But, at least I'll have my reactions again :)

Thank you guys :D