CCA 2006 ammendments - got issue with bank loan

panzai345
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3930 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi fellow Caggers,

Got an issue with a high street bank in relation to an unsecured loan i took out for over 25k back in March 2007,

this was done via mail with no interaction with anybody from the bank, they sent me the offer i signed and sent it back.

it is my understanding the loan is not covered by the CCA as the upper limit was not changed till April 2008 to cover loans over 25k.

The bank, however is saying it is covered. I think they have messed up.

Any ideas what to do about this, is the loan voidable?

i have asked them to send me a copy of the agreement.

Panzai345

then the agreement will tell you.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I think you need to wait on receipt of the copy agreement.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Ok, received my credit agreement today. It clearly states it is regulated by the CCA 1974 at the top of the agreement and in the signature box.

I signed the document in March 2007 as did the bank, but the bank signed the document 5 days before i did.

any ideas as to what i do? Do i tell the bank they have made a mistake or leave it?

Spoke to the bank yesterday and told them the situation, they are currently investigating.

I read through this thread w.ww.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?178390-Credit-Agreements-over-25k-Pre-April-2008 yesterday and it would appear that these types of errors open a few cans of worms. Any advice would be appreciated.

Coniff,

That the agreement is unenforceable, as the loan was over the 25k limit so cannot be regulated by the CCA, if they say it is now an unregulated agreement then surely we have an issue with the contract which i believe to be void!!!!

as far as i am aware loans taken out before april 2008 over 25k were unregulated as they were over the limit prescribed in the CCA. I beleive they can become regulated if there has been a variation, in my case there has not been a variation.

There is a similar issue with Northern Rock together mortgages where they were issuing unsecured loans over 25k on regulated paperwork and then saying they were not regulated.

My copy of the Loan agreement clearly states it is regulated under the CCA, i signed in the box agreeing to be regulated by the CCA, yet the document was executed pre april 2008 therefore it is not regulated under the CCA.

All im asking is whether the agreement is now void as it is not compliant with the CCA even though it says it is....confused!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Update, Bank have confirmed it is an unregulated agreement and that they made a mistake...but it doesn't extinguish a valid contract between me and the bank!!!!

Hmmm, cant see how it can be a valid contract when i signed to be bound by the CCA1974 when in fact it wasn't?????

Any thoughts on how to approach this?