style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3911 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello, I wonder if anyone knows an answer to this. I am in the process of becoming bankrupt. I have a partner and he is in full time work I currently have a small part time job. All the debt is in my name. If my partner buys a car for me to use (he can't drive) will I be able to be the registered keeper of the vehicle? Or will it have to be him? Will I be able to take out an insurance policy paid via direct debit? The car will be paid by cash from his wages.

He asked me this question I hadn't even considered it as it didn't come up when talking about it through a debt charity advice line.

Thanks Flonda :-)

I will ask for you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• 4 weeks later...

I was in this situation apart from I owned two cars - one mine one my partners - The IP stated we could only keep one but they accepted that my friend could buy the car from me for a cheap price - and then gift the car back to me - it was an old car that would have fetched £700 if sold on side of road!!! my friend offered me £50 and that was accepted!!!

If you do sell the car to your partner, remember that you can't sell it "under value" otherwise the receiver could undo the transaction. So if you have a brand new Ferrari and planned to sell it for a quid, that won't work. However, perhaps what would work would be to get a valuation from someone like "we buy any car". Their valuations are very low, but perhaps are likely to be the sort of price a receiver might expect to get in a "panic" sale. This will also give you evidence to support that you got a third party valuation if any one questions it.

FFP

My Background: I am not legally trained so the advice I offer is as a result of my experiences in business and being dragged through a bankruptcy process by a leading London law firm over a debt that turned out to be false. I won as a litigant in person :-)