Help With Partners Ex (CSA)

Sprite77
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3950 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, so just after some advice really~

My partner and his ex split up around 8years ago (she decided to kick him out and moved some other bloke in)

They have 2 children together, daughter who was around 5 and the son around 2 at the time of the split.

Since then my partner has paid money to her either cash into her bank account or bank transfer.

When myself and my partner got together we continued to pay her money (usually paid in by me or transfer from my account to hers). Unfortunately along the way we became unemployed and the CSA took money from our benefits all the time we still paid additional money into her account.

When we started working agin and our beenfits stopped we continued as usual to pay money to her account, a few occasions we have been unable to due to emergencies etc..

My partner started work in February and our benefits stopped (JSA etc) so we continued to pay money into her account every time my partner received his wages.

Around 2weeks ago he had a call from the CSA saying there was a discrepancy in his income from a few years back, and they couldn't find any benefit claim for him (they were assuming he had been working and not paying her maintenance!) however we had been on a joint/couples claim for JSA where I had been the lead claimant (he was on my claim a such) which he told them and they said was fine.

So today he gets a call and is told that he owes his ex nearly £1000 in CSA payments and that his ex had made a claim saying he owes her money right back from 2009, there was no other explanation as to how or why, or any advice given to him!

He was then asked if he was in a position to pay the amount there and then, which as we are not in a position to do that, he said no.

My partner asked why he had to pay it as he had been paying her money, and extra even when we were unemployed, and why they were just taking her side without even checking to see what had been paid to her.

He was then basically fobbed off and told that's not how it works and that she had made the claim and they have to follow it up and make sure she gets the money owed.

So she has made a claim saying he owes her this money from 3 or so years ago and they just believe her? What should we do next?

Really don't know what to do, really appreciate any help

Can you (or your partner) demonstrate that payments have been made? Say, with bank statements showing the transfers of money?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

You say you paid extra even when unemployed? Were these payments part of the CSA agreement or seperate? If seperate then I'm not 100% sure the CSA would take them into account but I could be wrong. Best bet is to find proof of all payments (where possible) and demonstrate this to the CSA

• 2 weeks later...