Going Away What Do I Do ES90 or Holiday Form

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3976 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I traveled from Scotland to Wales to move my yacht back to Scotland to use it as accomodation to start a new job in Scotland because my house is too far away from the job but i was stuck in Wales in bad weather and carrying out storm damage repairs for a few weeks.

The job centre had told me when i get to Wales to fill in an ES90 form and i could be able to claim money but after the form was faxed to Scotland they replied back saying my money was being cancelled for 4 weeks and never gave me a clear answer WHY.

After 4 weeks in Wales the weather turned good but i had ran out of savings and had to leave my yacht in Wales and travel back to Scotland to SIGN ON to get my money restarted,THIS MENT I WAS PREVENTED FROM STARTING THE NEW JOB.

The 4 weeks SANCTIONS have been extended to 8 weeks now.

Now im being told i have to fill in a holiday form,CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHAT IM SUPPOSED TO DO to get money while im on the move back to Scotland? AN ES90 or A HOLIDAY FORM?

The job centre staff are being very unproffessional and unconcerned about these serious questions and seem to want to plunge people into poverty and desperation and unemployment.

People can claim benefits and own several yachts. It's not uncommon for people on benefits to buy solid gold as they can keep it and not declare it as money/savings and it gains interest and value over time. The OP is doing nothing illegal, boats are big money drainers, I am not jealous. Unfortunately though while sailing or whatever it may well be deemed to be not available for work even if seeking jobs while travelling so sanctions may be made. Sorry, I can't answer the question about the forms.

People can claim benefits and own several yachts. It's not uncommon for people on benefits to buy solid gold as they can keep it and not declare it as money/savings and it gains interest and value over time. The OP is doing nothing illegal, boats are big money drainers, I am not jealous. Unfortunately though while sailing or whatever it may well be deemed to be not available for work even if seeking jobs while travelling so sanctions may be made. Sorry, I can't answer the question about the forms.

hear hear :)

OP a quick search pulled up this thread - Flumps is one of our helpful resident JCP advisors so knows her shizzle.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?297379-what-happens-if-you-cant-sign-on-because-you-are-in-a-different-part-of-the-country

There shouldn't be an issue with signing on temporarily at any other job center in any other part of the country as long as you stick to the terms of your JSAG Job Seekers Agreement.

Now staying to fix up the boat could be seen by JCP as intentionally making yourself unavailable for work.

So did you stick to the JSAG word for word? Or did you let it slip because of the upcoming job? A fair few people fall foul of thinking that just because you have a job lined up you don't have to stick to the JSAG until you sign off.

I'd be a lot more concerned now about a sanction for failure to take up employment!

You need to be very careful of what exactly you say and do now.

Did you contact the employer and explain the difficulties and ask for a week or 2 delay of your start date?

If they said no did you consider even a temp B&B/hostel till you got the boat going again?

As for a boat I'm a bit shocked by the reaction on here about it.

It's just a method of transport like say for example a car or a bicycle. It's a bit more like a camper van as you can sleep in it. Plus with satellite Internet or using telephone 3/4g masts on the coast there's no reason why a sailor can not be capable of doing their 35 hours a day (between screaming ahoy ya land lovers and bracing the main sail) on Universal Job Match.

You do not vilify a home owners now do we? Having been to the boat show at the Kensington Olympiad there a big big difference between what your Chelsea owning Russian billionaire calls a boat and what you can hire for a quick row on the Serpentine in Hyde Park.