Pay rise after probationary period finishes

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3981 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Started work for a company on 10th June 2010 pay rises are on 1st July every year didn't get the pay rise as they said I wasn't entitled to it as I was a new starter and still have never received that pay rise but have had my yearly pay rises the same as everybody else but people on the same grade as me are being paid more as they got this pay rise.

Should I not havebeen entitled to it after I passed my 6 months probation

Also could this pay rise be back dated

Hi,

Sorry to hear that you didn't get the pay rise..... (and congratulations on passing your probation) - the words in brackets were what I nearly wrote, but then I noticed that your start date is June 2010.

I think you could do with being a bit clearer in the info posted but the way I see there are two scenarios:

a) You never got a pay rise after you passed your probation period, got all the pay rises thereafter but as they are on an incremental scale the original missed pay rise still means your one step down the scale, or

b) You missed a pay rise after your probation and have had all since then and are just owed a set sum of money from date X to date Y (presumably that would be a period some 3 years ago now?).

I suppose it is more likely that (a) is what you are saying but please more details - you need to consider what the contractual documentaion says as this may not be any type of equal pay issue; for example if the rule is that each staff member gets a RPI pay rise on 1st Jan each year, but that said payrise is dependant on the employee having one year's continuous employment on 1st Jan then you may have missed it and have limited recourse - but please more info so we can help more

Che

...................................................................... [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Please post on a thread before sending a PM. My opinion's are not expressed as agent or representative of The Consumer Action Group. Always seek professional advice from a qualified legal adviser before acting. If I have helped you please feel free to click on the black star.[/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS] I am sorry that work means I don't get into the Employment Forum as often as I would like these days, but nonetheless I'll try to pop in when I can.[/FONT] [FONT=Arial Black][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=Red]'Venceremos' :wink:[/COLOR][/FONT][/FONT]