Anyone use a Radar detector?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3985 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am going by all your posts where you think and indeed imply that speeding is ok. If you dont want to go over the speed limit, check your speedo, and drive slightly under. If you go 3-4 mph over the limit ( you go more), then it is YOUR fault entirely, and are simply trying to find an excuse for it. Plain and simple. Your arguments have been used ad infitium in many speeding cases. NONE of them hold any water at all.

Thankyou for proving my point and disproving every single argument you made in this post. It's only a matter of time before you injure someone or worse.

You remind me of this quote - Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience

Lets leave it at this now.

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience

You like making other peoples points dont you. Lets just leave it there. You want to speed, and you wont stop until you seriously injure yourself or others. ANd even then, chances are you'll think it was a one off.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

You like making other peoples points dont you. Lets just leave it there. You want to speed, and you wont stop until you seriously injure yourself or others. ANd even then, chances are you'll think it was a one off.

HAHAHAHA. You are the funniest guy I have come across. You are making me into a criminal and suggesting I will kill someone by doing 2-3mph over the limit. Get a life mate.

Over and out. Can't be bothered with people like you. Go waste someone else's time.

Umm you CAN kill someone by going 2-3 mph over the speed limit. It has been proven numerous times which is why the speed limit is set to the speed it is.

People like you need to be FORCED to retake your drivers test again, or at the very least see the effects that speeding has on other people. As i and hundreds of reports, including coroners reports have said, just a couple of mph over the limit is enough to take someone from serious injury to death. But i guess you think the law doesnt apply to you. Going from some of your other threads too, that certainly seems to be the case.

Anyway, i will agree on one thing. Lets leave it there and agree to disagree. Nothing short of a death or jail time will get you to change your way of thinking.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Speed cameras are there for a purpose. Dont want to get fined? Dont speed. Comments like yours are not welcome here.

Yes, to raise lots of cash for the evil Camerati.

As for 'I drive under the limit. I only ever go over on a motorway or dual carriageway when overtaking. Unlike some people, I'm not a dangerous driver nor out to run people over. The speed limits are there for a reason. Even going 5 mph over the posted limit is enough to kill someone if they get knocked down.

That says it all really, you probably cause more accidents by driving like this than hundreds of minor speeders.

ACPO guidelines, generally adopted by the fuzz and the safety camera pratnerships give you 10% + 2 before any action. If you apply that to kills and seriously injured at 1 or 2 miles an hour over the prescribed limit then there would be bodies everywhere.

Additionally, many signed speed limits are wrong or have been applied contrary to the Highways act.

There are also published studies which actually say a driver with a camera detector is paying more attention to the road and his speed than a 'normal' motorist so in fact is a safer driver!

H

Edited by Hammy1962

46 years at the pointy end of the motor trade. :eek:

HMCTS Approved Technical Expert and Independent Motor Trade Consultant

If you are interested you could do worse than read this :-

http://www.safespeed.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=26458

and

http://www.safespeed.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=26459

I know it refers to Scotland but the authorities south of the Border and in wales are guilty as well.

H

46 years at the pointy end of the motor trade. :eek:

HMCTS Approved Technical Expert and Independent Motor Trade Consultant

its very rare people get done for '2 or 3MPH' over the limit.

even more in some cases

don't forget the '2mph +10%' generally accepted speedo error calc used.

the bottom-line is 'a speed limit is not a target'

you don't HAVE to drive at that speed.

thread now closed

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3985 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks