style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3687 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Brilliant news, got interview this afternoon at 3pm in Todmorden smile.gif

I also rang benefits office to see if a decision has been made about possible sanction and adviser on phone said I will get a call back sometime before 12pm to discuss It further and tell them I have interview and they might possible lift the sanction since I am actively looking for work. shouldn't have been sent to a decision maker in the first place as I always apply for Jobs.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope the interview goes well.

If you are awarded hardship, you wouldn't get any money for 2 weeks unless you're in a certain group. (disabled, pregnant, etc) There should be a fund from the council to help with electricity and food.

As what the title stated? should Job Seekers sanctions should really exist?

Here is my opinion, no it shouldn't as it will cause misery for people who have only got that income to live on, I thought Job Seekers were meant to live on, I mean that what the law says so they shouldn't be any sanctions in place. fair enough if people don't apply for Jobs, dismissed from work placement due to their own misconduct but hitting out on honest people who are actively seeking work like me, no wonder this country is in a mess.

My Job Seekers were sent to a decision maker on Friday as my advisor wasn't happy that I was not applying for Jobs near to me, well that fortnight (Just that fortnight) no Jobs what so ever that was suitable to apply for in Burnley so I applied for Jobs in Preston and Manchester, guess what? that wasn't good enough for him, I am really trying my best to get into employment, can't apply for Jobs in Burnley if they isn't any, bloody hell.

So it looks like I am going to get sanctioned due to no fault of my own, I should be getting paid this Wednesday but I won't due to rubbish Job Centre, got no food, Electric is running out and no gas, don't think I need gas since its going to get hot but that's not the point, I should be getting paid :(

Think its just an excuse this for a sanction on my claim, seems to sanction anyone lately Job Centre for any stupid reason. if I get sanctioned then I will take Job Centre to court but first I am going to appeal with proof of all the Jobs I applied for, if that is not successful then taking my next step.

Also what if people get sanctioned and they have a interview which need public transport, how an earth are people meant to get to the interview if no money? Job Centre don't think about that do they.

It makes my blood boil, please note: I already posted this on Money Saving Expert but getting a nasty comment already from a user on that site, just want to hear what you lot think on here :)

Sanctions are a nessasary part of the process. However the job centre system i believe is not fit for purpose.

Whole thing is a complete mess. It is a diservice to employers as well as job seekers.

A new system should be put in place then current one burned in a fire.

However i know of people that take the **** and dont get sanctioned!!@!

FYI i am a jobseeker myself!

However JSA is not money just to live. It is to help you live while you activly seek work.

I suggest you visit CAB to help you with your appeal.

Another note regarding sanctions. Imo a sanction should be Stayed (suspended) if the claiment appeals and only implemented if the claiment agrees or exausts the appeals procedure.

That would help restore legitamcy to the system. If the system was seen as being fair then perhaps more people would engage with it.

Good luck with appeal.

Ps phone typing + me = Creative English.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

.... no Jobs what so ever that was suitable to apply for in Burnley ....

But if there are jobs available in Burnley you should apply for one. If you get one then you will have an income while you are looking for a job more suitable to you. It's always easier to get a job offer when you already have a job.

Make sure you take any paperwork you have showing that you applied for jobs elsewhere.

already posted this on Money Saving Expert but getting a nasty comment already from a user on that site, just want to hear what you lot think on here.

i would not bother with that site as most of the members seem like they are in employment and put unhelpful comments,they seem to hate the unemployed.

Live on the Isle of Wight so not sure about up North but surely people are told to apply for jobs with 90min of travelling and if the areas where you applied are within that or even further out then you have fulfilled your agreement.

I know here on the Island people have been sanctioned for not following the 90 min rule which includes Portsmouth and Southampton, they may be less then 90 mins away for some but no-one can afford the ferry fares on min wage

Well I rang the benefits office this morning and got told I have been sanctioned for 2 weeks.

Its a joke, the advisor on the phone told me I can claim hardship, what's the point in applying? be time hardship is sorted, the sanction will end :(

Well I rang the benefits office this morning and got told I have been sanctioned for 2 weeks.

Its a joke, the advisor on the phone told me I can claim hardship, what's the point in applying? be time hardship is sorted, the sanction will end :(

Apply anyway, and ask for a mandatory reconsideration of your sanction immediately. Go down to your jobcentre today and fill in a GL24 form. Don't wait for the letter from the Jobcentre because they send it 2nd class and it's known to take a week. Also notify your local authority that you want to make a "nil income" declaration - that way your housing benefit will be safe. Also see if your council are able to help with your utilities. If you are running out of food, ask the jobcentre/local authority for a referral to a food bank.

Definatly appeal. It may help prevent any unjustified sanctions in future.

Remember though. Halving or stopping job searches can lead to further problems. I am assuming you want a job to escape this horrid system. Therefore cutting searches hurts YOU not them.

Dont cut off your nose to spite your face

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

Definatly appeal. It may help prevent any unjustified sanctions in future.

Remember though. Halving or stopping job searches can lead to further problems. I am assuming you want a job to escape this horrid system. Therefore cutting searches hurts YOU not them.

Dont cut off your nose to spite your face

I am still applying for Jobs, I don't want my hardship stopped as well as I would be even in more mess.

Apply anyway, and ask for a mandatory reconsideration of your sanction immediately. Go down to your jobcentre today and fill in a GL24 form. Don't wait for the letter from the Jobcentre because they send it 2nd class and it's known to take a week. Also notify your local authority that you want to make a "nil income" declaration - that way your housing benefit will be safe. Also see if your council are able to help with your utilities. If you are running out of food, ask the jobcentre/local authority for a referral to a food bank.

Yeah, I am going to Job Centre now to apply for hardship, I also rang benefits office again to confirm the sanction period and another adviser told me I don't know how long I have been sanctioned for, really wish advisors don't tell different things :(