style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3694 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh dear! She fell the in pond earlier. Well, it had to happen, didn't it?

And she fell in again this morning. Silly girl.

Photo of the dogs, now.

The dog on the left, she thinks his tail is a toy. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Update:

She's still having some issues knowing where she can go in the house. She has a litter box which she sometimes uses (don't think she's quite grasped what it's for and does think it's a toy) and she did wee on a training pad this afternoon.

She wouldn't leave the other Jack Russell alone earlier and was trying to grab his food. He bit her on the nose.

How old is she now? The way i trained my collie was to watch him over a week to pick up the signs of when he wanted to go. Then when i noticed them, even if he just started weeing, i would pick him up and take him outside. He usually finished by the back door. After a coupel of days, he seemed to get the message, and sat by the back door waiting for it to open. Another few days to a week later of me picking him up and taking him out, he was actually sitting by the back door barking. Once he got the idea to go outside for his business, it was a simple matter of showing him the top of the lawn, and not the back door. Since he was 5 months old, he has gone out of the door and up the garden by himself.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

She's about 10 or 11 weeks now. If the other two dogs go out, (they let you know they want to go out) she will usually follow them out.

She was going around in circles or something yesterday and dad took her outside, just in case she was looking for somewhere to go toilet.

She's getting so much with going toilet now.

• 2 weeks later...

Those puppy pads are brilliant aren't they :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

And she fell in again this morning. Silly girl.

Photo of the dogs, now.

The dog on the left, she thinks his tail is a toy. :lol:

Awwwwww!!!! My friends Westie has just had six puppies, and I think I've overloaded on cuteness :)

Life is like an echo, it all returns......The good, the bad, the false, the true......So if you give life the best you have, the best will come back to you.

Witht he pads, make sure you put them closer and closer to the back door over a few days. Then slowly start putting them outside. Not all the time, just once or twice to start. Dogs are very clever and will soon understand that they must go outside.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Thanks. :)

The poor little dog had a worm hanging out of her bum last week. She's been wormed again. She seems to be fine though.

We have a gate on the stairs. I came down yesterday and her legs were on the stairs meaning I couldn't open the gate. :lol: She then ran up the stairs and back down again. Mum says it's because she hasn't worked out how to go backwards yet.

• 3 weeks later...

It looks like we're getting somewhere with the house training. I came downstairs and found no mess. I was asked later by mum if any mess had been found and I said no. (I sometimes find mess later on - no such thing this morning) Dad said he didn't find any either.

Has anyone had to deal with a puppy who growls whenever you move then? The other Jack Russell isn't too bad and the lab x spaniel doesn't seem to care what you do to him.

Probably just grumpy. Dogs get like that sometimes. They soon give in when they realise they wont get their own way.

I've got a 4.5mth old pup who was very nibbly & mouthy. Even bit hubby & broke skin about a week ago. What we do is yelp Ow! if he's biting clothes, arms, feet anything. His bite inhibition is improving daily now. We also offer him an alternative to chew at that point & it seems to be working xx

"In this situation, you know what you have to do? Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming." Dory - Finding Nemo.:wink:

Speak gently to the pup and give him a gentle stroke. If he gets distressed (ie starts to growl) remove your hand slowly and calmly but continue to speak gently. Given a little time you will be able to progress from stroking to picking up without a problem.

The thing to remember is to take everything slowly and gently. If he gets startled by being grabbed, he's not going to be happy!

Thanks. If she's picked up, it's always (at least I do) with her facing me. She's fine with it sometimes.

Not had a problem (yet) today with her growling at me. Quite surprised that I moved her with no problem earlier whilst she was quiet.

My collie used to grow when he was a pup. WHat did i do? Tickle him. Seriously, he was wary at first, but he absolutely loved it.

My pup very rarely barks ( oh thank you god ) saying that she's only 4 months, very laid back, even the fireworks from the Edinburgh Tattoo every night don't make her flinch.

Long may it continue :)

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

My collie just barks at next doors dog. And the milkman. And the cat next door. And the ducks that fly over the garden.

Take him outside on the lead or in the fields and you never hear a peep out of him.

My pups a Pyrenean Mountain Dog, our 3rd over the years, the other two were a total nightmare when it came to barking, the only time I've heard her bark was when a baby pigeon landed in the back garden :)

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert