Forgot to inform of change of address and had accident!

emandems
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4007 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hoping someone can give me some advice before I talk to the insurance company.

I recently moved and forgot to tell my insurer that I'd moved house. A week or so ago I had an accident, completely at fault, where I went into the back of someone at a roundabout. It caused some damage to their rear bumper and a tiny bit of damage to my front bumper but we exchanged details and did what we should. I also rang my insurer at the time to tell them about the accident and that I didn't intend to claim but third party would need to. I was in a bit of a panic about it (never had an accident before, 6 years NCD completely since I started driving) so gave the insurance company my old address as was on my policy which I keep a copy of in the car.

I gave my details to the other driver as my new address. After I had calmed down I realised I hadn't changed my address on my policy at all.

I'm really worried now about what is going to happen (like can't sleep properly worry, no fingernails left). I fully accept I should have told them and it was foolish oversight on my part but I know what insurance companies are like and scared I'm going to be accused of fraud and have my policy voided.

I already emailed the company and told them all the details but got the usual auto response, we'll reply in up to 3 or 4 working days. I really am dreading just picking up the phone and telling them in case I get told I'm a fraud and would probably just cry at this moment in time.

Any advice really appreciated. Am worrying myself sick about it.

You wont get told you are a fraud. They are more likely to be suspicious if you dont call them and tell them.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Just call the Insurers to update the address. You should have told them at the time, but when you are moving, sometimes these things are forgotten about. There may be a premium adjustment on the policy and an admin fee due.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread