Tax exemption due to DLA

thedryad
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3977 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My son has recently been awarded higher rate mobility DLA and we understand we can get a free tax disc. My car currently has a tax disc that runs out in September, do I have to wait untill that expires or can I get a rebate? Also, how do I actually get the free tax disc? Thanks

In answer to your question: You can get a refund once you get your new disabled tax disc. You apply for your tax disc at the PO, one that issues Tax Discs, along with the usual stuff you need to tax a vehicle you'll also need the certificate of entitlement that the DWP sent you

scotgal 

In answer to your question: You can get a refund once you get your new disabled tax disc.

But make sure that you send your refund application to DVLA before the end of the month or you will lose another month's refund. Make a photocopy of the refund claim form and tax disc and get a certificate of posting from the PO (or send as "signed for"). Don't leave any gaps for DVLA to trip over - they're notorious for messing things up.

It's all the same process, when you apply for the new disc using your cert of entitlement, the staff who write out the disc will simply write 'disabled' under class of vehicle!

Seemples huh? x

scotgal 