£25 Fine for Sending in the whole V5 Document

brooksby
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3986 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good afternoon, I have just got off the phone with the DVLA to request a new Tax Disc, i applied for my tax disc on the 13/06/13 on-line but didn't notice the box that asked if my V5 Address was the same as my current address and just automatically ticked it and continued with the transaction. At the end i realised what i had done and phoned the DVLA immediately but they advised there is nothing they could do, i would have to call then after 5 days but i should send in my V5 Cert with my new addess in, so today i called them they advised me that i would need to go to my local DVLA office with a V62 cert my reg number from my tax application and pay £25, i asked what the £25 was for and he advised me it was because i sent in the whole log book and i should have only sent in part of it, i advised that it said it on the form he told me i was wrong, i then asked how the charge of £25 was made up he advised the replacement and administration for a new log book. After the call i went on the DVLA's website and found this below. Have i overlooked something?

"Change your name and address on your V5C vehicle registration certificate (log book)

Not what you're looking for? ↓

Make the changes on your V5C registration certificate and return it to DVLA.

Write your new name and/or address in section 6 of your V5C (you can’t give joint names or Post Office box addresses).

Sign and date the declaration in section 8.

Send the whole V5C to DVLA, Swansea, SA99 1BA.

You’ll get a new V5C free of charge, usually within 4 weeks. Allow at least 6 weeks before contacting DVLA."