Court threats due to V5

B3cca
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4006 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys,

I could really do with some advice on how to deal with DVLA/Intercredit.

In the past month intercredit have sent me a few letters to my home address which I moved to 18 months ago stating I had ignored DVLA attempts to contact me, I have not heard anything from them and they knew where I lived as I updated them previously.

Basically they are demanding £80 within the next 72 hours (again) with threats of going to court if I don't pay up. The car they are talking about was supposed to have been scrapped march 2011.

At the time I had bought a new car so the guy knocked £100 off the price because he was going to scrap my old one for me, It was literally falling apart. The V5 was filled out then sent along with the V5 for my new car, I received the new V5 around 7 weeks later after chasing it up but I forgot to check the other one had been removed from my name :|

So it seems that they had received it because I had the New V5 but I cannot prove they were sent together all I have is the receipt for the new car. I'm a little concerned as to where the old car is because according to DVLA it's not scrapped with Liability date of 1/08/2012

Is it worth me trying to challenge it?

Thanks Kiki,

The problem is all I have is the receipt from when I bought the other car and handed over my old car which was still taxed. They were only sent 1st class so I have no proof of posting.

I cannot understand how the date of liability is 01/08/2012, I sold it around 4th March 2011 and I have no idea where it is now.

You can contact the DVLA using this email address, just mark it as a complaint, give all the details you have in here and they will get back to you within 10 days or so.

contactcentre@dvla.gsi.gov.uk

I would also contact Intercredit and let them know that you have raised a dispute with the DVLA. It is pointless calling them so I would write or email them.