Logbookloan help needed regarding charges

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3960 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I took out a fairly large logbook loan not my best decision but needed money to move at short notice and helped at the time.

I have had periods thoughout the loan where I have struggled with payments and for the last 6 months I have been in an arrangement to pay only £20 a month. There is a payment review due so I worked out recently from the payments I had made that I had left £250 plus any charges a family member has offered to pay off the £250 so I contacted them for statements & settlement figure.

The payments made on the statements match my records but they had added a huge amount of charges, for phone calls, texts, emails, letters and they say total amount left to pay is £620 I was not expecting that amount of charges.

I thought that maybe once I had paid the amount shown on the fixed sum loan agreement the logbook loan would be done with security on my car lifted and I could then make arrangements to pay any charges that were fair unsecured, but they have said I am wrong and until the full balance inc charges is paid then the security will remain on the vehicle.

Can anyone advise me if they are correct and what my next move should be?

• 1 month later...