Universal Jobmatch Website

Jmulv
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4002 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Quick question to all of you who have had the wonderful experience of being bullied to register on this website I've got some points that need clearing up.

I went into JSA today and saw a different advisor, normally they don't mention anything about my job search or universal job match. Today I was told by a different advisor randomly I need to broaden my job search to apply for any jobs as I've been on JSA a while including any jobs I can find like cleaning etc. Now I'm not trying to be an ass here and pretend I'm too good for anything however the jobs I'm applying for are what I have experience in sales/admin etc. so I'm not about to just randomly apply for a job firstly I have no experience in and I don't even want to do...

I'm under the impression you only have to apply for jobs listed on your jobseekers agreement and apply x times a week. I was then told oh you have to sign up for universal job match too and tick the boxes to give us access to your account (now I'm aware you DON'T have to give them access to your account) but of course she makes no mention of this. Seems the DWP are starting to play dirty tactics not telling you things are not mandatory. Am I wrong here? The letter even says "it is PREFERABLE if you give us access to your UJ account" I don't see mandatory anywhere... basically all I've been doing is using a job journal as normal writing company name I applied for and position and it's been fine with my other advisor.

So how have you guys handled this? I have good social acuity so I usually just talk my way out of situations and bull**** they feed me and I'm too aware to fall for their crapp, ingeus tried the same thing making me sign a data protection waiver.

I feel bad for people who are less clued up and fall for these underhanded tactics...

Generally UJ isn't really that big of a deal in the grand scheme of things, however in my life having a basic understanding of legal rights I NEVER EVER sign anything or agree to anything I don't need too and to be honest it's a very good rule of thumb. Even if whatever it is I'm signing may be harmless.

Edit: Also just noticed the massive UJ thread, stupid me not keeping an eye out, however my questions are pretty specific so it'd be good to get some tailored responses.

Thanks

In the beginning, I had a fairly open JSAg, but limited the available hours to Mon-Sat 9:00AM-6:00PM and stated "Could not work with chemicals, food, or children/public for medical reasons". Never divulged the "medical reason", but it kept me away from having to apply for any cleaning jobs - On the one occasion one was pointed out, I asked about chemicals exposure risk, and the vacancy was quietly dropped.

Quite how this would work in the current stricter compliance regime being imposed by the DWP, I'm not sure. But it may be worth going back to your JSAg and renegotiating it if you can.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

In the beginning, I had a fairly open JSAg, but limited the available hours to Mon-Sat 9:00AM-6:00PM and stated "Could not work with chemicals, food, or children/public for medical reasons". Never divulged the "medical reason", but it kept me away from having to apply for any cleaning jobs - On the one occasion one was pointed out, I asked about chemicals exposure risk, and the vacancy was quietly dropped.

Quite how this would work in the current stricter compliance regime being imposed by the DWP, I'm not sure. But it may be worth going back to your JSAg and renegotiating it if you can.

Yeah seems they are getting really strict, but I'm unsure how it's really going to help anyone anyway.... also the tactics of not informing claimants is really bad. I can't quite believe this is a government department and it's a total shambles, ingeus are no better saying that though.

Once you have been claiming for a period of 6 months you are expected to open your job search further and look at other types of employment, once you get to work program then yes you are required to apply for any vacancy that you are qualified and capable of doing.

Once you have been claiming for a period of 6 months you are expected to open your job search further and look at other types of employment, once you get to work program then yes you are required to apply for any vacancy that you are qualified and capable of doing.

What form does that information take? I have only ever been following my job seekers agreement, and no other advisor has ever said anything aside this one. I mean I may be back to my usual advisor next week so it'll be interesting to see what she says.

Ingeus also never made me just apply for anything.