British Gas, LCS DCA & my dead mothers bill - trying to make ME pay!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3946 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

A warning really to be very aware of British Gas and the involvement they have with LCS of Leeds.

My Mum died right in front of me literally Back in April last year at her home address.

Suddenly and quite out of the Blue LCS have done an alleged investigation of her having lived at my address.

Have emailed the so called Director of complaints a Richard Jones a death certificate that very clearly and legally states the place of her death,

also another legal document that also very clearly states we are not involved in the adminisration of the estate.

Done obviously via a Solicitor and signed off by a court in Bristol.

That is by any standards in the UK a legal document we hold and are able to supply.

I did send him this but obviously is very non interested.

British Gas have mixed and tryed to match data to get the wrong information to these other idiots.

Hope British Gas terminate the contract with LCS as totally blatant were simply trying to put two and two together from wrong data held by Brisitish Gas.

Will also be directing a very serious complaint about this via the Data protection as to the suitability for British Gas to even hold data.

This is a clear case of very wrong information being stored and then acted upon by another inept company employed by British Gas.

I really suspect that the performance figures on the British Gas complaints page are yet another utter work of total fiction & make believe.

Feel sure they would understand data enough to try and make themselves look better, by maybe chaning a few things along the way.

For me the real bottom line is, be worried exactly what data they have on you. Is it accurate, good chance the answer is an actual no.

British Gas a sorry we got it wrong might be nice, of course will not fix you using my dead Mums

name and sending me a letter to my home address. Data is not just a game is very serious.

Thank-you for listening people.

Regards

Mike.

I bet if you challenge it strongly they will claim that they cannot talk to you as they can only discuss the account with your mother-data protection you know.

I wouldnt have gone to the trouble of a copy of the death cert or a solicitor, just written to BG and warned them of harassment and named them and LCS as their agents that you will take them to court for this.

I would ignore all correspondence and try not to let it upset you too much, I have this with a deceased relative and BT plus others.

Hi,

Understand what you saying. The legal stuff was part of our process anyway. This is the annoying part and that being British Gas and the utter lack of any Data Protection even on a basic & simplistic level. They need to ensure that the data they hold is both Accurate and True, never mind selling or otherwise giving it away to a shoddy little two bit firm. Then having them write to me claiming to have investigated a claim using these details. They kind of missed the very obvious, that being the death and has never been a resident at this address. Death Cert shows place of death as being the address they should have only been concerned about.British Gas are not fit for any purpose I can easily think of. Over the weekend will compile my letter with proof and send to the data comissioners office and raise my serious concerns. They need a big fine and be made (not told) to be complient with the acts we have in place for the protection of all.

Will let you all know what happens next.

After responding to your letter BG have done exactly the same to us, linking the deceased persons name to our address and then sending out stupid letters. Having warned them about this they then have the cheek to phone back and ask how I felt about their customer satisfaction. I am told that there is a problem suppressing letters sent out from the probate department which shouldnt go out and that they really mean no harm but I gave them the same warning that I gave to them when they kept phoning me from india with silent calls. I bought shares in BG, went to the shareholders meeting and threatened to punch the lights out of BG's chief executive. I never got another marketing call after that.

I agree, they are useless.

Hi Ericsbrother,

Would appear that the email link I found was not relevant to consumer complaints. Looks like this might hit level 3, Holly smoke! Still cross that British Gas provide data to a company that have just been told we don't employ. Think they buy debts from British Gas. They should on a very basic level do what they say on a written letter. Not possible

to have done what they say. British Gas are still the dogs dinner in this as fully know they have supplied some of my own personal details to assist the sale of this debt. Get put through to the probte department, pointless operation. What probate as not aware of any. Still have the exact same issue, no matter the sweet talking from British Gas opperatives. Where did some of that data come from, From British Gas. They really love to play inept and daft when they can. Really not fit for purpose, unless really need to use these people.

I see the problem with this company and any attempt at customer service, is that when it stops becoming scripted from the screens they use end up telling you basically anything. Have tried to deal with LCS as the debt collectors the nice people at British Gas had put on to my whilst chasing my dead mother, who by the way has never lived at my address. I kind of get the impression that BG are understanding this. With them easy to think they get simple things have already proven.

LCS really do not have the art of IT down to any type of form I would know about. Obviously they very much dislike any communications via email. As an inept operation could see why this might not actually be in interests. 8 Emails with reference numbers or not didn't make a difference.

Guess have to wait now for some alleged senior person from British Gas to approach and explain matters. To my mind have already exceeded the stated time frame for them

to get back to me. Sure this never matters to them, upset is only a word after all said and done. All about profit and lack of real service. They are great at that.

Mike.

Small update:

Direct from LCS we work on the good faith that the information provided to us by British Gas is correct and continue accordingly. Sorry we can see and have this

confirmed in writing that has been no investigation as they had previously claimed in on two seperate letters.

Still waiting for British Gas to stop digging a hole and sort this total data usage mess out, I understand they do not feel easy about this. If I were them would also feel this.

Data Mining is exactly how this has happened. Shame that no one more senior within British Gas will take charge of this issue now. Seems have to wait until 2nd July even though have raised these issues in an email to the complaint handler, certainly and fully at major disagree stage already. Sure if they need to buy more time then so be it. Will just park them in my inbox until ready to really deal with them.

Mike.

• 1 month later...

A small update. This issue is still on going with the lack lustre complaints department at British Gas. Now at the stage where both them and LCS are confused and talking nonsense to each other. Took a small while for me to get the complaint handler to get things back in email instead of leaving telephone messages which was not my prefered method of contact from the outset. Tick a box on a website and don't expect people to start phoning.

I believe have enough information to make a complaint under the Data Protection Act about BG using Data Mining. LCS very quickly walked away when I made them aware of the circumstances of the matter. They do however make great partners as both totally inept. Both have similarities in that neither are ultimately regulated to the level required. That level does not have to be that high. When companies start talking nonsense then I will continue to seek redress.

Mike.