Grievance procdure with status quo clause

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4016 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,Can someone please help me? I have recently been having issues at work with a verbal contract argument which i have posted a thread about on here,i am now at the 1st formal stage of the greivance procedure but the extension date i have been given to sort out said issue is approaching 30th June.When my grievance was envoked 3 weeks ago there was a status quo clause in it which means everything involved stays as it is until the grievance is exhausted but i have been told today by my union rep that my employer NHS is trying remove the status quo element of this procedure.So my question is will they have follow through the status quo clause with me as my grievance has already been in place before any changes have been or will be made?My union rep seems to think they can do this but this seems unfair as i'm only at stage 1 and my dismissal date is 30th June and nothing has been dealt with yet this could go on for a while.cheers

The status quo element of any disciplinary and grievance procedure is there for a reason. If the employer wishes to remove it, it will have to be done with the agreement of the Trade Union. It will be part of the Industrial Relations framework/ Procedure.

I very much doubt an employer such as the NHS will want to take the Trade Union head on over that clause, Trying to remove that clause is one thing, doing it is another.

If they took executive action and removed it with no prior agreement/consultation, the response will be industrial action

They just cant remove the Status Quo clause, there has to be a consultation period

But to answer your question, if i was the union rep, i would go straight to a Stage 1 disagreement

I think your local rep needs to contact his branch and bring inn an area rep to take over as this is way above his expertise.

I think your union rep is a liability, "he thinks they can do this"

Thinks is one thing, an organization doing it is another, no wonder people are starting to lose respect for union reps with advice like that

Edited by squaddie

Thanks for your quick reply squaddie. Believe it or not this information was given to my union rep from the full time officer from my union. You've cleared my concerns up thanks for your time. :)

Just an additional point - collective agreements can affect your employment at local and national levels. I'd say its probably more likely to be a local collective agreement if your employer recognises a trade union - but check your contract as its a legal requirement for information on how collective agreements affect your job to be included in there.

I have just been informed that the status quo clause will not apply to me and my employment will terminate on 30th June even though my grievance was lodged before I was given my termination date. Is this classed as breach of contract or what can I do about this? Please help its getting to close for comfort now .