DWP passed alleged debt to debt collectors

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4021 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, over the past few years, i've received letters from the DWP stating that i owe them £2561. Apparently the debt dates back to circa 1996/8.

I have no knowledge of this debt and when i contacted the DWP to ask them to prove the debt, they couldn't provide proof.

I therefore ignored it.

Last week i received a letter from a debt collecting company stating they had been hired by the DWP to recover the debt.

Before i contact this company i was wondering if anyone could offer me some advice.

I should have stated from the beginning that i have always lived in Scotland and the debt collectors are an English Company. Akinika i think.

Thanks in advance,

Bern.

If you have never acknowledged this debt. Surely it will b statue barred now. I wudnt reply or contact them at all. Sounds like a spoof really.

Someone with more knowledge shud b along later.

Please add to my reputation....

SUCCESS - Capital One PPI, Three Mobile charges, Orange Mobile charges, MBNA PPI

Wonga, Lowell, MMF 2 accounts, Provident x 3 Accounts, (ALL Unable to provide CCA)

Th fact that the collection agent is based in England makes no difference and they are entitled to contact you. However it would appear that the DWP do not intend to raise any type of action or they wold have done so by now. It is important to remember that debt collectors are only private limited companies who make nosies and nothing more. Rule A is of course NEVER IN ANY CIRCUMSTANCES ENGAGE WITH DEBT COLLECTORS OVER THE TELEPHONE. iF THEY CALL YOU ALWAYS REFUSE TO PROVIDE ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION SUCH DATE OF BIRTH OR POSTCODE ETC.

If I were you I would write to the collection agent (Recorded delivery) requesting full details of their claim including specific dates, you will most likely find that they do not have this information, if this is the case they should refer it back to the DWP for clarification.

It is always difficult to give precise and detailed responses to posts when we don't know what the claim relates too. Nevertheless we need to start somewhere.

I hope this information is of some assistance

If you have never acknowledged this debt. Surely it will b statue barred now. I wudnt reply or contact them at all. Sounds like a spoof really.

Someone with more knowledge shud b along later.

I am not sure about SB with debts owing to the state (This is being looked into ) Fist of all we need further details of the claim.

DWP debt no longer can become statute barred the Welfare Reform Act 2012 Section 108 which came into force on March 8th 2012 refers.

The DWP can make deduction from any current and future benefits.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

DWP debt no longer can become statute barred the Welfare Reform Act 2012 Section 108 which came into force on March 8th 2012 refers.

The DWP can make deduction from any current and future benefits.

Thanks fot that, this is what I was looking into but could not for the life of me remember the detail.

contact dwp.

certainly never pay a fleecing dca.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...