GE Money Mortgage arrears/admin fees & suspended repossession order

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4034 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am in a mess because of GE Money.I remortgaged with them in 2007 when a broker just cold called,I was self employed had never had a mortgage independently he proceeded to put down estimated figures for my income as I had only recently become self employed & had no books to speak of.He then encouraged me to take some extra finance on top for home improvements etc & advised as I was self employed not to have the Payment protection as it would not cover me & I received a letter confirming it was not in place.Then my business went under & within 12 month I was taken to court for arrears of just under £3000 & given a 48 hour suspended repossession order.There is so much behind all this but I wouldn't have enough pages to cover it all basically They constantly harassed me with phone calls & reduced me to tears all the time,I got where I daren't ring them.It was only when my bank manager looked over my statements a couple of years after court that she noticed PPI was in place & I had been paying it from the beginning so when I confronted GE they said I should have asked if I could claim on the PPI but why would I when I had a letter stating I did not have it.Anyway there is so much more of how they have ruined my life & due to the daily stress I am now registered disabled due to Cauda Equina Syndrome resulting from constant pressure crushing my nerves at the base of the spine.I am struggling to pay my mortgage now because of all the admin fees etc that are added every month,I did claim the PPI for the 12 month but that ended over 7 mth ago although they said I still have to pay the £33 PPI payments every month for the remainder of my mortgage which is 2o years even though it no longer covers me I aren't sure if that is right either.I am close to losing my home & haven't a clue what extra monthly charges,admin fees etc they are allowed to put on & don't know hwich way to turn.Any advice would be appreciated.