NRAM voluntry reposession

topolov
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4002 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi my wife and I are moving abroad in around 6 months. We have been trying to sell the house for the last 18 months to no avail.

We have had the house since 2007 and have come to the end of the fixed rate period.

We have a NRAM together mortgage total £127k (£112k secured £14k unsecured) the house is on the market for £114950 we have had viewing but no offers. We cant rent the house out as the rent would not cover the mortgage payment. Our credit history is already shot to bits from when my wife was redundant.

We are sending money out to the "new" country to set up life out there however we are running out of time to sell the house over here. Once we move we will not be moving back here (other than the odd holiday to see family)

We have contacted NRAM regarding voluntary repossession. they say no matter what we are still liable for any short fall - which there will be, and we will have to sign paperwork to say we agree to this.

We may not be able to afford repayments to NRAM as well as the mortgage in the new country, however we don't want to go Bankrupt as we will have to declare assets in the new country and therefore put our future life at risk.

Please could we get some advice as to what to do? should we give the house back to NRAM sign the forms and negotiate an affordable repayment, or do we just post the keys back on the way to the airport with no forwarding address?

Edited by Conniff
removed abuse

must admit I like the last option...how many times have we seen nram doing customers over here....:lol:

sri couldn't resist

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Either you go with your last option or delete any reference to being responsible for the shortfall on any forms they provide.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Presumably they will make an attempt to sell it at a more realistic price if they become aware that you aren't going to pick up the shortfall :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Whatever you do, DO NOT sign to accept liability for the shortfall, invariably you are signing an agreement to accept liability for any such shortfall prior to your vacating of the property and also at that time you will have no clear idea what costs they will add to the debt, they will have an assurance that you will accept liability so they will add whatever they can....... so effectively you are accepting full liability for an as yet unknown amount of money.

Send the keys back and walk away, plenty of others have done so and as long as you allow a sufficient period to pass, the liability will eventually prove difficult to enforce, if not impossible. If you sign such an agreement, you are giving them a further weapon with which to hit you with.

Edited by spamheed

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with what everyone else has put on here. I have a mortgage with NRAM and they use whatever dirty tactics they can to try to get your home back. Its about time they were on the receiving end of some. You reap what you sow and they deserve it. Good luck to you in your new life. I hope you will be very happy.

Remember that if you move to a country within the EU they can chase you a bit more easily than elsewhere but it will still be difficult for them. They can take you to court but only in the country in which you are domiciled when they take the action. They can, in certain circumstances, take you to court in the UK and then apply to get the courts of the country you live in to enforce the debt, but they'd have to find you first. It all comes down to if they think they could make a profit.

In your position with somewhere to go I'd be looking to burn the bridges! Don't leave a trail.

Beaten:

RBS: £4,500

AMEX: £4,200

Barclaycard Visa: £12,100

Barclaycard M/Card: £12,600

(Including the numerous DCAs they have set on me.)

PPI reclaims (into my bank account): £25,000