style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4029 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello everyone. You were fantastic last time I needed advice and I have to confess that I thought my days of dealing with this company were finished. Unfortunately another person needs some help. I am sure that I will have a number of questions in the future, but this is the first.

If a person is a franchisee for a company, yet has to start work at the time the company tells them, do the work that the company tells them without a choice, have breaks when the company tells them and finish when they are told and not before(in short the same conditions as when they were employed by the company); are they classed as self employed or an employee?

What examples are there to support this please?

Thank you so much.

they own the franchise and take the rewards and risks of ownership?

self employed.

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

Wow that was quick! Thank you. I think looking at this that it is a bit of a grey area, the person concerned would fit the profile for employee if not for the fact that they pay their own tax & national ins. The equipment is provided by the company although the upkeep is not, the work is set exactly as it was when they were employee. The only thing that has changed is that they have to pay out more nowadays. Hmm, this could be interesting...