Online order wrong price, but accepted and dispatched

mrcaptain
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3912 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

So, I bought 5KG of protein powder from myprotein, which usually sells for around £50. Due to a pricing glitch, it was going through for £1-something. I fully expected my order to be cancelled, however, it went through, and was dispatched. I received a despatch confirmation, was given a delivery time and the money was taken from my account. Now, the delivery time came and went, so I tracked it, and it said it was being sent back to consignor. I phoned them, to see why it had been returned, and was told that due to the pricing error, it was being returned to them.

Now, my understanding was that as soon as the despatch confirmation had been sent out, and the cash had been taken, the contract was accepted, and could only be cancelled by myself.

Am I wrong?

Obviously, arguing my case that the error should have been noticed before dispatch fell on deaf ears.

I have had a look around the net, but nothing definitive sticks out.

• 3 months later...

I have the very same issue but now the online retailer will not answer my emails to provide a refund.

How do I and the OP stand in law, should the goods be sent even though they were priced incorrectly? I have two emails confirming the purchase of the goods and the money (under £100) was taken from my credit card.

Can we purchase the same goods elsewhere and claim the difference in price for loss of opportunity or loss of bargain?

How do I claim my money back as the retailer will not even respond to my emails, if they did respond I would be willing to pay the full price!

As the goods were advertised at the wrong price is this advertising fraud?

Advice much appreciated!

If they dont respond, get your bank to issue a chargeback.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D