style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4007 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can someone please advise me on some issues as i am very confused. I was adjudged bankrupt in December 2010 actually to my relief. I was then discharged in December 2011. I have today registered on checkmyfile.com to look at my credit score as i am needing to open a bank account (i do not want credit just simply one to use for day to day payments and bills).

Upon checking this i have found that there are a number of accounts that are still on there that were included in my bankruptcy, should they still be there? If not how do i get them removed or have notes added that they were included in the bankruptcy? Also they are all still showing as 'open', surely this should not be the case if they were in the bankruptcy?!

Secondly it appears that there has been County Court judgement made in a different court for something also included in the bankruptcy...is it right that they can do this? Can i write to the courts to have this altered? I have not received any notice in writing about it either. So i am not even sure who it is for, how can i find this out?

I am in exactly the same situation, a lot of mistakes, wrong dates, open accounts with money outstanding as if I racked up a lots of debts on open accounts after bankruptcy discharge!

They don't bother to update your files properly.

What I have done is write a letter of Complaint to each company involved (make sure you have the right dept and address), giving them a copy of your discharge. Also send a copy of the discharge to the CRAs. Give the companies notice that you will give them the statutory 8 weeks to respond or you will take the complaint to the ICO and the FOS. Several of the companies didn't respond in time to my requests, so I phoned them up (okay not a good idea in general) but I didn't really want to go through a lot of complaints so it was saving me the bother really, not the companies. I said that if they didn't comply with my request immediately to correct the data and give me confirmation in writing I was going to submit an online complaint following the phone call to the ICO and the FOS. Most jumped very fast! But one didn't seem to be bothered and asked me to write in again. As soon as I put the phone down, the complaints went in.

One company, actually had phoned me following my complaint letter and said if I paid them the amount they would correct my credit files!!! :mad2:

Can someone please advise me on some issues as i am very confused. I was adjudged bankrupt in December 2010 actually to my relief. I was then discharged in December 2011. I have today registered on checkmyfile.com to look at my credit score as i am needing to open a bank account (i do not want credit just simply one to use for day to day payments and bills).

Upon checking this i have found that there are a number of accounts that are still on there that were included in my bankruptcy, should they still be there? If not how do i get them removed or have notes added that they were included in the bankruptcy? Also they are all still showing as 'open', surely this should not be the case if they were in the bankruptcy?!

Secondly it appears that there has been County Court judgement made in a different court for something also included in the bankruptcy...is it right that they can do this? Can i write to the courts to have this altered? I have not received any notice in writing about it either. So i am not even sure who it is for, how can i find this out?

Check Trust online for details of the CCJ.

For the other entries you need to make a formal complaint to the DATA CONTROLLER of each company that is named on the files, also you will need to check all the credit reference agencies.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

• 2 weeks later...

I opened my bank account with NatWest, I got a student account just to get money paid in and a debit card to pay bills,i could also have direct debits on that account, and after 4 yr i was offered a different account with overdraft which i said i didn't want. I have been free from bankruptcy for 7 yr now and im now squeaky clean and got a good credit rating, i did apply for a credit card as i was told that if i got one and used it for small amounts then paid off straight away it would help my credit rating, so after a few yr you should be fine takes awhile but its worth it...not sure if NatWest still do it, but i was offered Barclay's but declined as i hear some poor things about them..

companies can still report to the CRA's after bankruptcy. There defaults will drop off before the BK does but it makes no difference to any companies as the BK is still logged. If you wish to you can send the note on the files that these were included on the BK.

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)