RBS hardship claim

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4014 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

I have been fighting with RBS for over 6 years for bank charges. I am now at the point where I want to take them to court over these charges and want to know if you think I have a case.

In 2010 they sent me a letter saying that I was not in financial hardship because I had understated my income which I believe was an error on their part as my salary was not paid into an RBS account so therefore they would not have known what my salary was and because I can also prove that this was my salary at the time.

Further to this when I took my case to the FOS RBS advised them that they had been sympathetic to my circumstances as they had reduced the payments on my loan with them when in fact the payments were originally reduced as I had cancelled insurance which I believed to have been misold and subsequently this PPI was refunded to me. My loan payments were then reduced further as they took me to court over non payment of my loan due to my financial hardship. They would not accept my offer of £150 a month reduced monthly payments but when they took me to court they accepted this same amount.

I have been back and forth with the bank and been fobbed off with the standard letters and I was even told when I asked for a call back from a manager that all the letters I was receiving saying that they were still gathering information were incorrect as each time my case had not even been assigned to anyone to look at.

Any help or advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Hi All,

I have been fighting with RBS for over 6 years for bank charges. I am now at the point where I want to take them to court over these charges and want to know if you think I have a case.

In 2010 they sent me a letter saying that I was not in financial hardship because I had understated my income which I believe was an error on their part as my salary was not paid into an RBS account so therefore they would not have known what my salary was and because I can also prove that this was my salary at the time.

Further to this when I took my case to the FOS RBS advised them that they had been sympathetic to my circumstances as they had reduced the payments on my loan with them when in fact the payments were originally reduced as I had cancelled insurance which I believed to have been misold and subsequently this PPI was refunded to me. My loan payments were then reduced further as they took me to court over non payment of my loan due to my financial hardship. They would not accept my offer of £150 a month reduced monthly payments but when they took me to court they accepted this same amount.

I have been back and forth with the bank and been fobbed off with the standard letters and I was even told when I asked for a call back from a manager that all the letters I was receiving saying that they were still gathering information were incorrect as each time my case had not even been assigned to anyone to look at.

Thanks

Hi All,

Thanks

Sorry forgot to say that this is regarding bank charges.

Hi All,

Thanks

Can anyone offer any advice on this one?