CELL PHONE DEBT and LEaving for Canada

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4031 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

my friend claims that if he was to sign a new contract with o2 and then move to canada they will not pursue him because it would cost them more to track him down then his actual debt. I beg to differ because his debt will be about 500gbp. we are wondering if anyone knows how this works and if o2 will try to sell their debt to canadian DCA or if they will not bother pursuing him if he has moved.

thanks

They probably won't bother to chase overseas. O2 will sell on the debt to a UK debt collector for whatever they can get for it, as part of a package of debts. The debt collector will look at the UK credit record and chase at the last known UK address. They will also obviously note the UK credit record and may also obtain a court judgement in the UK. Unless someone finds a link to Canada, I doubt they pass to any debt collector there. But the UK credit record/rating will be affected badly and if he ever needs to supply UK credit record details to anyone in Canada, this may be a problem for him.

Advice is not to sign up to a contract that he knows he will not keep. Buy a pay as you go phone, which can be used in Canada.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D