How do I start?

trubster
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3854 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I opened an account with Nationwide about a year ago, I signed up for the cash card + account with no overdraft facility.

I am absolutely rubbish with numbers and got locked out of my online banking, I have tried many times to reregister and keep getting locked out before I can log in again and have had no statements.

I am only guessing but I am being charged £100 a month in bank charges, I have had no notifications of charges as all statements online which is locked out.

I think I have paid £1000 in charges, but no way of accounting for them, they have been mainly charges for going overdrawn after delayed visa transactions followed by another charge for being overdrawn because the charge sent me back overdrawn.

I know the high court ruled the charges are "fair" but would my case be "exceptional"?

Where do I start?

Thanks in advance

Hi,

Think you need to get the full picture of what charges you have incurred, surely you can get new log in details by giving them a phone.

When you say you have paid about £1000 in charges, have you or do you mean you may be overdrawn by this amount, are you still using the account.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Hi,

Think you need to get the full picture of what charges you have incurred, surely you can get new log in details, there's a 'link' here..................

http://www.natwest.com/personal/online-banking/g1/existing-customers/first-time-user.ashx

When you say you have paid about £1000 in charges, have you or do you mean you may be overdrawn by this amount, are you still using the account.

Its Nationwide, I registered and the code didn't turn up, then it did after re-registering and it locked me out again.

I still use the account and it is not overdrawn, I am just guessing the amounts as every time I call them my account is overdrawn again - despite no overdraft being available on a basic account???

Its Nationwide, I registered and the code didn't turn up, then it did after re-registering and it locked me out again.

I still use the account and it is not overdrawn, I am just guessing the amounts as every time I call them my account is overdrawn again - despite no overdraft being available on a basic account???

Hi, sorry I edited my post when I realised I had got the banks mixed up, I'd still give them a phone, get new log in details and access your account on-line.

Have a look at BCOBS.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree that a SAR is prob the right way to go - I bank with Nationwide and on the few occasions I've gotten into a pickle I've usually called into branch and they usually print 15 months of transactions off for me - they can also switch you back to paper statements without charge...

...I've also had £360 refunded to my cousins account for charges and about £500 on mine in the past 12 months - I just went in and explained that I wasn't happy and that I wanted their help and they came good - I suspect this is a rare ocurance but it might be worth a visit. RE: cheque - they will write you out a cheque in branch from your own account even if you don't have a cheque book.

People who haven't made mistakes, haven't made anything!

• 2 weeks later...

I finally got my online login details and have been able to log in for the first time since Feb 2012 (I have had no sight of any statement since this time, nor any notifications of charges)

These dates below are the months the charges are notified on my statement and will have been debited 28 days after the statement date (20th I think)

£15.00 March 12

£15.00 April 12

£30.00 May 12

£75.01 June 12

£95.58 July 12

£20.03 August 12 (75.00 Refunded after telephone complaint)

£15.00 September 12

£35.50 October 12

£20.00 November 12

£20.00 December 12

£50.00 January 13

£50.60 February 13

£95.24 March 13

£80.74 April 13

£35.44 May 13

That makes it £578.14 total charges, the annoying thing is the charges are putting me below £0.00 and triggering another charge.

Any advice on the next step would be appreciated :-D

• 4 months later...
I finally got my online login details and have been able to log in for the first time since Feb 2012 (I have had no sight of any statement since this time, nor any notifications of charges)

These dates below are the months the charges are notified on my statement and will have been debited 28 days after the statement date (20th I think)

£15.00 March 12

£15.00 April 12

£30.00 May 12

£75.01 June 12

£95.58 July 12

£20.03 August 12 (75.00 Refunded after telephone complaint)

£15.00 September 12

£35.50 October 12

£20.00 November 12

£20.00 December 12

£50.00 January 13

£50.60 February 13

£95.24 March 13

£80.74 April 13

£35.44 May 13

UPDATED TOTALS

£95 - £75 DD Return fee, £20, Unauth OD, June 13

£20 - £20 Unauth OD, July 13

£20 Unauth OD, August 13

£35 - £15 DD Return Fee, £20 Unauth OD, September 13

£65.00 October 13 (3x DD Returns @ £15, £20 Unauth OD, 47p Interest)

Thats now £888.14 + that I have been charged.

I have had £75 refunded as noted above so thats 813.14 that I am out of pocket by nationwide charges.

I did not send in a SAR as I had found the details online.

What is the best way to start the ball rolling now and do I have any chance of getting any of these charges back (Normally charges on charges)

I have tried over the phone but cant get anywhere, they say because £75 was refunded in August 12 that is all they can do. I am just really rubbish at numbers, budgeting and money, this seems to be getting the better of me.