Cabot get done by Dom

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4027 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Nice to see Cabot getting a good kicking from Dom Littlewood right now on BBC1.

Will post a link once it's on iPlayer.

“The industry is rotten to the core, whether it is in-house recovery and collection, or where agents are used, or where the debt has been sold.” Andrew Mackinley MP, House of Commons, 22 April 2009

If a Cagger helps you, click their star. Better still, make a donation however small, so that CAG can continue to help others.

...and Cabot get away with £250 compensation, and Equifax with £250, for trashing a man’s credit history for eight years, despite his telling them repeatedly it wasn’t him – let alone compensation for his refused mortgage. Come on Dom, you need to be a bit sharper. You should get yerself on CAG for a bit of education.

“The industry is rotten to the core, whether it is in-house recovery and collection, or where agents are used, or where the debt has been sold.” Andrew Mackinley MP, House of Commons, 22 April 2009

If a Cagger helps you, click their star. Better still, make a donation however small, so that CAG can continue to help others.

And the official response from Cabot is 'you're all **** and liars and we are always right'.

Only done because the BBC got involved and for no other reason whatsoever. There are thousands being ripped off by these gutter companies.

I would sue them, I definitely wouldn't leave it like that.

Edited by Conniff

Think it went out at 11am. Durkin v DSG & HFC Bank, Kpohraror v Woolwich...

Agree £500 total compensation from Cabot and Equifax was an insult. I would have sued for a lot more than this. But I guess the chap was fed up enough to just give in. The problem was caused by Equifax and Call Credit, but Cabot should have looked into it properly when they first received a complaint.

I feel really sorry for anyone with the name, Smith, Jones, Patel etc, as this type of mistake must be fairly common. It only takes one data input clerk (probably based overseas) to key in some information against a wrong record. Then someone else gets chased for a debt or faces some other credit check issue, as a result.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

I didn't notice anyone in the program mention they needed a letter from Mr Smith to give authority

for Dom to be able to communicate with him on Mr Smith's behalf......would that be a breech of

the DPA?

I didn't notice anyone in the program mention they needed a letter from Mr Smith to give authority

for Dom to be able to communicate with him on Mr Smith's behalf......would that be a breech of

the DPA?

All of that gets sorted with the programmes production staff. This has been mentioned before on a previous programme that Dom relies on programme assistants, who talk with the various parties and obtains the relevant paperwork.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

should have come to the cag he would have got more than £500 out of them, but it just goes to show that these cra's cant be trusted with our data

PGH7447

Getting There Slowly

---------

Advice is given freely but is in no way meant to be taken as Gospel:-)

I feel really sorry for anyone with the name, Smith, Jones, Patel etc, as this type of mistake must be fairly common. It only takes one data input clerk (probably based overseas) to key in some information against a wrong record. Then someone else gets chased for a debt or faces some other credit check issue, as a result.

completely agree, good friends with a David Jones and hes had this problem for years

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek: