SimplyElectronics.net Problem with service.

ErIndoorz
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4039 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This is a bit of a long story so please bare with me cos I really do need some advice.

My son has been on my case about a new Blackberry Z10 for ages! I finally managed to save up enough money and found a sim free phone which is what he wanted with a company called SIMPLY ELECTRONICS.NET

I placed the order and paid the full amount of £449.95 on my debit card.

I got an email the following day asking me for a copy of a current utility bill to verify my address. I thought this a bit strange so telephoned the customer service number and got through to a call centre - I was told that the phone would not be sent out without seeing this verification. I told them I was unhappy to send anything else as I had paid in full and the card used was registered to my address which was also my delivery address.

The person on the phone was less than helpful and just kept insisting on seeing verification or no order would be sent so I told them I wanted to cancel the order and have the payment returned to me as it was already showing that it had left my account.

I was told that they couldn't accept a cancellation over the phone, that it had to be done via email. So I emailed them.

I received an email back saying sorry you want to cancel, if you would like to reconsider we will offer you a free screen cover, I said no thanks, just cancel the order and send me my money back.

2 days later I had not received my money back so I phoned them again. I was told they hadn't received an email from me cancelling therefore the order was on hold. I told them I'd received an email back saying sorry you want to cancel but they said they had no notification of this email.

I asked to speak to the person who the email had come from and was told they do not accept telephone calls, only correspondence by email.

I asked for a manager or supervisor and was told they were in meetings and would be all day.

I asked for the operators name and was told she was not allowed to give it to me.

I asked again for a full refund and was told it would take 2-3 business days for this to be done.

I waited 3 days and received nothing, I rang again. I was told this time it would take 6-7 business days and would I cancel the order by email.

Again I done this, to every email address I have of theirs stating I wanted an immediate refund seeing as they took the money immediately. I got a response back saying once the cancellation hadd been processed it could take up to 2 weeks for my refund.

You can probably detect that I'm rather angry by now.

I rang Trading Standards and was told that my bank could reclaim the money. Apparently that can only be done after 15 days since the money was taken, then they have to send out forms for me to fill in and return, along with any evidence and then they have to investigate! All of this could take up to a month or 2 the bank tells me.

I called the company again today and asked why I hadn't yet received my refund and was told for 'some reason he couldn't say' it had been held up and he would now put an urgent request on this and could I give them another 3 days!?!

My question is this (finally) HOW ON EARTH ARE THESE ONLINE COMPANIES ALLOWED TO DO THIS and SURELY there is SOMETHING us, as consumers, can do to get our money back without having to wait forever?!

£449.95 this company has of mine and to be quite frank, I want my bloody money back and I want it NOW!

They wasted no time in taking it!!

:mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2:

The law says they have to refund as soon as possible and in all cases within 28 days. The problem is with the "as soon as possible" as that is interpreted by companies to mean what they want it to mean.

Find an address for tehm and send them a letter headed "letter before action" and give them notice that if you do not receive a full refund within 14 days you will take action to recover your money aling with all associated costs and interest.

thereal problem is that these companies are generally drop-shippers and dont have a clue about how to run a proper business

do a chargeback .

its instant.

I remember simply computers when he was operating from a transit at Walthamstow market.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

What's a charge back and how do I do it?

Do u mean from the bank as they've just sent me paperwork to complete and fill in to send back with any evidence then they have to investigate.

I come from Walthamstow... I didn't recognise the name!

simply computers

used to operate just down the road from blackhorse road tube station at the back of a car park.

you've prob got the chargeback paperwork

or what they think they should o.

chargeback should be instant, they investigate it afterwards!

http://whatconsumer.co.uk/visa-debit-chargeback/

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks for that.

I've had this letter from the bank - which wont let me upload until I post again... bare with me!

I've filled it all in but they say it could take another 120 days to investigate or get my money back!

This is what they class as instant???

not exactly true

YOU have 120days to invoke the chargeback. [infact in some cases its 540days!]

they can take as long as they like to investigate if the money they have refunded you has been done so correctly.

dx

and they

So if I send this paperwork back tomorrow I could get the money back straight away???

I'm so beyond confused it's unbelievable!

Thanks for all your help everyone by the way

You should be able to walk into your bank or phone then. THeres no need to do a silly form first.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

That's exactly what I did do. I only knew about it from Trading Standards, they said to go to the bank, which I did, I was told I had to wait for 15 days after the money left my account to see if it was paid back in, I waited 15 days, it wasn't paid back in, I went back to the bank and was told they would send out this paperwork for me to fill in before they'd do anything!

The bank is wrong. You need to DEMAND that they follow the rules and get a chargeback going. Speak to a manager, not a front desk monkey.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

I'll do this tomorrow. Thanks. I'm so angry I could burst!

I've just emailed Simply Electronics AGAIN and been told the same thing I was told on Thursday. There was a delay and to please give them a few more days!!! They have my money!!

you should do it on the phone NOW!!

don't get off the phone till its done

go up the chain...keep going up till its done.

chargeback is an INSTANT payback

THEN they investigate.

dx

and they

Citizens Advice Bureau says I can insist on a postal address from the company to be able to write to them. They are refusing to give it to me.

Is there someone that can help me please before I go mad??!!

They gave me the address after an argument. They're based in Hong Kong. Still asking me to give them a few more days. Says I will receive an email and the money will go into my account 2 - 3 days after I receive that email.

So what if I dont receive the email for a year?!?!?!?

This is F*&^%ing RIDICULOUS!

Edited by ErIndoorz

Get a complaint in direct to the CEO of the bank. They have NO right to deny you access to a manager. Especially when they are in breach of the law.

I was told that the information I had been given (off this site) was out of date and incorrect.

I spent 45 minutes on the phone when I got back to work to the debit card people who insisted there was NOTHING they could do until they had received the paperwork back as they have to investigate first before any chargeback can be made.

The woman in the bank more or less threw a leaflet on bank charges at me when I asked what the banks policy was on chargebacks. She said I dont know if there's anything in there on charge backs but that's all I have, if there's nothing in there - look online!!

She also said that they can only arrange for a chargeback under certain circumstances so it could be because I cancelled my order that I cant get a chargeback straight away.

and they