Can they do this?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4050 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Firstly my apologies for the length of this post but I have a long and sorry tale to tell.

I have been working for a company since last September. I am on a fixed term contract which originally expired in December but was renewed until the end of April and has now been extended for 1 month.

My predicament is that I have been interviewed for a permanent role on three occasions. The last time that I was interviewed I was told that I had got an excellent score and that the person who got the job only did so because they had a little more experience than me. I have since found out that this person was hired because my manager’s boss told him to hire her because she was “a pretty girl”. This I know for a fact although I cannot prove it.

Another vacancy came up at this point and I was told that I didn’t need to be re-interviewed as I scored so well in the previous interview. I now discover that this post has been offered to an external candidate. I feel that I could have improved my score if I was interviewed and don’t feel that I have been treated fairly.

I have an exemplary record, no disciplinary record and have excellent customer feedback. I have now been told that it is unlikely that they will renew my contract past its current end date (the end of next month). My work is slowly being given to other individuals so I feel that I am being constructively dismissed.

Is their any action that I can legally take or can they just treat people this way?

they can just treat people that way unless you have evidence of the sexism that'll stand up in court

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!