DVLA - Requisition Failure to notigy change of vehicle on 05/03/2012 **Withdrawn**

Richardro
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4023 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I am new to the forum and have found my way here after a couple of Google searches.

I wonder if anyone has any experience with similar situations and would be able to offer some advice.

This morning I received a summons to appear at Sevenoaks Magistrates on the 21/05/2013 for Failure to notify change of keeper on motor vehicle (Reg no) on 05/03/2012.

I am a little bit confused by the summons for a number of reasons:

I have sold the vehicle but it was 2 months after the date of the offence - I have the ebay listing still in my account as proof

The DVLA evidence attached to the summons shows a vehicle disposal date of 05-03-2012

The Statement of Witness makes no mention of the offence date.

I can evidence I was the owner at the date of the alleged offence so it appears they are trying to summons me to appear in Magistrates court to answer why I did not change the ownership of a vehicle on a given date when in fact I was the owner and no transfer of ownership had taken place.

I hope this makes sense.

Any help or comment gratefully received,

Regards,

Richard

Hi,

I most certainly did unfortunately I do not have any copies but the previous owner before me is a good friend and he witnessed me completing the paperwork and was with me when it was posted, I have spoken with him this morning and he is happy to complete an affidavit.

• 4 weeks later...

Just thought it would be a good idea to update this post following my visit to the Magistrates.

Arrived this morning at 9.15, reported to reception there were only 2 other people waiting. The DVLA prosecutor took me into an interview room.

DVLA Asked me if I returned the Log book? ME:Yes

DVLA: Did I get a receipt from the DVLA? ME: What do you mean a receipt?

A note from us confirming an application to change the vehicle ownership? ME: No recollection

ME: I sent you a notification of change of ownership and you claim you did not receive it. Yet you send me a document to confirm the change of ownership despite not receiving the logbook. DVLA: Hmmm. I think we need to take a view on this one. We withdraw.

What a waste of time.

Is it manatory to attend an interview prior to the trial ?

No.

This is the DVLA chap testing the waters so he can avoid being castigated by the Magistrate if you have a reasonable defense.

Personally, having got that far, I would not give them the opportunity to withdraw but let the Magistrate decide - and watch DVLA squirm.

And maybe try to claim costs.

But good for you for standing up to the bullies. Well done.