seat leon fr

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4058 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My beloved 07 plate car with 52,000 had a inlet manifold valve go and after three weeks at the garage have now been told that the old valve piece had broken off and fallen into the cyclinder head and completely damaged piston four and I would need a new engine costing me £7,000. I have put my case to seat themselves and firstly they offered no compensation at all and said basically that because that 1 serevice was not done by them that they could do nothing. Since then the garage are trying to help and offered 10% and said seat will match what he has given. I am still trying to put across that having a service done by them would not of prevented this

as the part is not lubricated as this is an air intake valve. (I have had an MOT and other work done recently by this garage (SEAT) garage but I still have had no joy. I have contacted trading standards and they advised me to contact the finance company that own the car ( I have 14 payments left to pay). but i am worried that if I get them involved I may end up paying for a new engine and thus taking away the option of putting in a second hand one, My car is still worth £6,500 to £7,000 if the engine were still ok.lol

I have found other seat leon cars with the same year as mine with similar problems and have shown these to seat but they said that this is just a small minority and they cant just pay for new engines as this will then cause other motorist to have the same! :-xi just want this company to face up that, yes parts do break and I do totally understand this and yes I am happy to pay for the part to be replaced but the engine should not need replacing at 52,000 and I feel that this must be a manufacturing fault and bad design if a piece can get into the cyclinder head to completely kill my engine. Please help I am at my wits end.

Exactly dw. Is it beyond todays mechanics (sorry-technicians) to haul out the faulty piston and fit a new one????

Much cheaper i would reckon.

Changed many a piston and conrod on a ramp without removal of the engine or head. A good lighting spy glass like doc use in your ears can identify a top damaged pot.

PUTTING IT IN WRITING & KEEPING COPIES IS A MUST FOR SUCCESS

See post from me about Audi injector re-call.You ned to e mail Martin Winterkorn at VAG in Wolfsburg. If you play the game correctly you usually get a good result.

Valve heads do not just drop off due to lack of servicing unless faulty at the time of manufacture.

It is though possible that it has destroyed the engineand that you cannot replace just the single piston.This would not be unusual on a modern engine unfortunately. There are many things affecting it which wernt the same some 20 years ago.

I don't think that it's about warranties & contracts. The car would have had a 2 year unlimited mileage warranty when new from Seat which is supplemented by the importer to 3 years or 60,000 miles. I think that it's more about getting a good will contribution from Seat and as the car hasn't been exclusively serviced by their network then they don't feel obligated to offer any good will.

It's not totally clear from the post as to what has actually failed. Helios thinks that it's an inlet valve that has failed, my first impression is that a flap within the inlet manifold has failed.