Intrum Justitia/Experto Credite

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4041 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have today received a letter from Experto Credite who have said that they have been instructed by Intrum Justitia to collect a debt purportedly owed by me.

I have no idea who either of these two companies are and will be sending the Prove It letter,

but as they have sent it to me in my maiden name do I type my maiden name or my married name?

I have also been married for 10 years so it could be a statute barred letter going next anyway!

Any advice very much welcomed.

Ignore them, this is just a phishing letter, don't get drawn into their puerile game of letter tennis.

Check your credit files first see if there is anything on them.

If they persist then you can send them the SB letter.

But I would certainly wait until they send you something else with exactly why they are contacting you.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Back in 2007 I was in a debt management plan, it had just settled in and then I got a letter from Intrum J. My name was spelled incorrectly and for the life of me I couldn't recall any debt, except perhaps for a software renewal that I had actually cancelled quite properly having informed the company and Amex with correspondence confirming a zero balance. Advice given to me was to ignore it, I slung the letter in the drawer and years later found it again when we moved the furniture around! I've not heard from this outfit since so just sling your letter in the back of the drawer too!