Monthly Plan Price Hikes with Orange UK

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4059 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

as a family we have 3 monthly mobile phone plans with Orange UK.

Below are our current contracts:

iPhone Extra 41 - Unlimited Texts, 600 Minutes, 1GB data - £41 per month - (taken out 27th Feb 2012 for 2 years)

iPhone Extra 36 - Unlimited Texts, Unlimited Calls, 1GB data - £36 per month - (taken out 14th Sep 2012 for 2 years)

Dolphin 7 - 500 Texts, 150 Minutes, 250MB data - £7 per month - (taken out 24th Sep 2012 for 1 year)

Now Orange have sent a letter stating that because of the economic climate they have to raise the prices on their plans and ours have been raised as such;

iPhone Extra 41 - up to £42.324

iPhone Extra 36 - up to £37.164

Dolphin 7 - up to £7.224

Now we are a little annoyed that they can do this to anyone, let alone us, part way through a contract.

Surely when signing up to a year or 2 year term, that is the price you pay, it can't be changed at some spurious point into the contract can it?

Now, to add some other information here, none of our contracts were made in a physical branch, two were done over the phone and one via the internet, so no terms and conditions were given or shown.

Today I had a look on the Orange website at the current monthly plans and found some interesting information.

The Dolphin 7 plan is still shown and is priced at £7 per month, not the new £7.224 per month that we are being charged.

Both the iPhone Extra plans no longer exist but have been renamed to The Works 36 & The Works 41, both of these plans are again shown as priced at £36 & £41 per month respectively and not the new hiked price.

Now have we got a case against Orange for initially changing the contracted price part way through a contract and the fact that tariffs are still available at our initial prices on their website?

Kind regards..,

DHB

Read this thread here

Same company (everything everywhere) so maybe some useful information for you there.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

I've been in dispute with Orange about this too - I've taken them to CISAS and they have to get back to me by 26th April (CISAS is their arbitration service). Their Ts&Cs aren't the same as Tmobiles, so there's a different approach - I can post links yet on this site, so search for 'You CAn Cancel Orange Contract' on the moneysavingexpert forums - which has a longer description and some comments. Best of luck.