digi bill

Jon Dinham
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4083 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, firstly I would like to say sorry as I may be in the wrong place to ask this, but it is to do with money and my bank.

So anyway, my friend last Christmas was staying for a few days and one night drunkenly and idiotically used my card to pay for some subscription on TVX. I have only just noticed that it was actually a monthly subscription and he did not just sign up for one month which he had thought.

So basically I have tried to contact TVX to cancel the £9.99 subscription but had no luck in getting through to them. My bank have said they can cancel it but I am worried because apparently this is a 12 month contract subscription. However my mate said he just used my card, there was no contract involved, certainly nothing that I have signed, I have not had anything through the post, no proof of anything.

So cancelling something like this, is it something I should just get my bank to do? Or is it not as simple as this? Could I get in trouble?

Many thanks for reading, hope someone can help.

that's fraud

cancel it

and get the money back

if you need to get the police involved do so.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hmmm - not as easy as that, I'm afraid.

If you want to say that your card was fraudulently used then you will probably have to give your friend's name. That puts him in trouble.

You have continued to use your card for your own purchases since then so it is clear that your card wasn't stolen.

In these circumstances, getting TVX to agree to cancel the contract will be pretty well impossible - so if you cancel the payment - they will default you and come after you and they will blight your credit file for at least 6 years.

Your friend says that there was no contract - but I expect that there probably was - buried deep in the text somewhere - unfair, yes - but unfortunately it would be a load of trouble to disprove it.

In the circumstances, your best interests would be to make sure that the contract doesn't roll over to a second year - it probably will do if you don't cancel - and then to put up with it until the end.

Cancel the contract by giving notice in writing - sent recorded delivery.

Do not relay on a phone call.

Keep copies of the cancellation letter.

You can write now and give notice of cancellation effective the end of the 12 month period.

After that - if they try to debit your card - and they may well do, then you will have an excellent basis for dealing with them.