council tax benefit denied soldiers ex wife can they do it

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4070 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

a question for a friend. she has split up form her husband who is still a serving soldier. they had family military housing in germany but after a marriage break up she has been given a council house for her and her 2 children by her family.

however the council have declined her council tax benefit on the basis she hasn,t been in the borough for 2 yrs or more.

is this correct for a wife of a serving soldier

:???: what me. never heard of you never had a debt with you.

Hi

Could you please clarify how she was given the Council House and any tenancy agreement in place. (I know you said it was from family but how)

I would suggest contacting SSAFA, Royal British Legion or Army Families Federation for advice.

Have a look at this link from the Armed Forces Forum on Armed Forces Welfare Links I post please bear in mind the download is in PDF format so you will need Adobe or a PDF reader to view but there are numerous forces welfare links:

Hope this helps: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?383984-Armed-Forces-Welfare-Links

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Hi

Could you please clarify how she was given the Council House and any tenancy agreement in place. (I know you said it was from family but how)

I would suggest contacting SSAFA, Royal British Legion or Army Families Federation for advice.

Have a look at this link from the Armed Forces Forum on Armed Forces Welfare Links I post please bear in mind the download is in PDF format so you will need Adobe or a PDF reader to view but there are numerous forces welfare links:

Hope this helps: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?383984-Armed-Forces-Welfare-Links

Sorry it my writing. Welfare. Helped with getting the council house to live by her family

:???: what me. never heard of you never had a debt with you.