MotorMile Finance visit! - Uncle Buck PDL debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4059 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Have had an absolute nightmare with MMF and in light of the proposed mass complaint, i would like to offer my support.

In short, had a PDL with Uncle Buck back in 2011 that i couldnt afford to repay, offered them a repayment plan that they refused.

A period of silence ensued and since then i have had these MMF jokers harrassing me and threatening all-sorts.

However, whilst there is the commonly held belief that they do not turn up at your address, they actually DID attend a former address of mine!

This has left me absolutely livid as their whole attitude is quite frankly despicable, from their website that suggests they are above the law, to their harrassment via phone/SMS and also the feedback from other people that have encountered them

I have sent them a very strongly worded email asking them to prove the debt, not to visit me again and also that i will begin charging them for any further unsolicited telephone communication

What good this will do i dont know, but i am in full support of anything that will affect this organization and lead to it having its licence recinded

Hi all,

Been a long-time reader of these forums but first time poster,

and have felt compelled to post due to our friends at MMFs recent conduct.

In short, fell behing with a PDL but offered a repayment plan that was never accepted.

A period of silence followed before Motormouth began their campaign.

Numerous phone calls/SMS/emails ensue which perhaps to my detriment i should not have ignored at first.

However, i sent a couple of letters asking them to prove the debt and to remind them of the law regarding home visits.

These letters were seemingly ignored as no real acknowledgement of this request was received, just continuous threats and the like.

Unfortunately and indeed to my amazement, 2 goons attended one of my old addresses to "discuss" the debt.

Whilst i am informed they were perfectly polite, obviously this was unwelcome to say the least!

At the moment i am presuming they dont have my current address but dont know for sure, but have since sent another email advising them not to attend any addresses they hold for me and to inform them i plan to raise their conduct with OFT and TS.

Does anybody have a similar experience and how did you proceed?

P.s. I hope this email doesnt raise alarm with anybody as i know home visits are the last thing we want.

In fairness, where i reside/have resided is close to their office in Leeds so i am sure that influenced the decision.

However, for a 400 PDL i am suprised they still attended.

My advice would be to follow up their threats with the standard templates revoking their access rights and to also inform the necessary authorities.

Thanks for responding, the file is growing steadily with continued malpractices of MMF I hope by early June to be able to send off the biggest batch of information to the regulator.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

• dx100uk changed the title to MotorMile Finance visit! - Uncle Buck PDL debt