Cancellation help! Sheilas wheels

sinbad666
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4066 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Not sure where to start with this..

The girlfriend had an accident in Oct 2012, it was a full payout (£1000) as the car was a write off.

The insurance premium was renewed for 12 months in January 2013 on a direct debit. Now my girlfriend has gone to cancel they are asking for the full premium. Due to accident they are saying the claim is not settled and they basically want her to pay up so that they can recoup the costs. The wording in the policy states:

"If any accidents have arisen which may result in a claim we will not refund any premium and, if you are paying by installments, you must still pay us the balance of the full annual premium."

Sureley with her renewing the contract in Jan 2013 this should have no bearing on last years policy. She has not claimed since renewing in January.

They have even said that even when the accident is fully settled and she still wishes to cancel they will still request the full years premium.

Any help?

It seems wrong what they are doing, I would understand if it was still within the year the claim/policy was made, but its not.

It is only if there is a claim during a period of Insurance, that the full premium needs to be paid for that year, if the policy is cancelled mid term. Sheila has made a mistake and has misread the claims info. Your g/f just needs to pay the relevant time on risk, plus the cancellation fee.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

They havn't misread the claims info as they clearly stated on the phone that as she renewed with them there is nothing she can do.

They have made a mistake then, which you should challenge.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Thank you for your help. We have logged a formal complaint. At renewal time we were not made aware that the previous years claim would be subject to the previous years term, had this been made clear we would not have renewed knowing we were going to sell the car and cancel the policy.

Thank you for your help. We have logged a formal complaint. At renewal time we were not made aware that the previous years claim would be subject to the previous years term, had this been made clear we would not have renewed knowing we were going to sell the car and cancel the policy.

Thanks again for your help. We made a complaint over the phone (which they said was the first step before writing, however I think they just didnt want it recorded as an official complaint) (I was planning to follow it up with a letter) when yesterday afternoon we got a call from the claims executive who basically apologised that we had to complain and that we were right. He didnt understand why the agent had told us otherwise and offered to half the cancellation fee to £30. Had it been me speaking to them I would have asked what action they are taking to prevent it happening to another customer. It could have caused us a huge loss of money, not to mention the strain and worry of it all.

Looks like its all sorted now. Again, thank you for your advice. :)

Thanks again for your help. We made a complaint over the phone (which they said was the first step before writing, however I think they just didnt want it recorded as an official complaint) (I was planning to follow it up with a letter) when yesterday afternoon we got a call from the claims executive who basically apologised that we had to complain and that we were right. He didnt understand why the agent had told us otherwise and offered to half the cancellation fee to £30. Had it been me speaking to them I would have asked what action they are taking to prevent it happening to another customer. It could have caused us a huge loss of money, not to mention the strain and worry of it all.

Looks like its all sorted now. Again, thank you for your advice. :)

Good. If you are ever told obviously wrong information again, do ask to speak to a supervisor or manager on the same call or by calling back. Obtain names of the people you are dealing with, should you need to take the complaint further.

People make mistakes. These people taking the calls, may deal with a hundred or more customers every day, so sometimes they misread information or say something wrong.