Any Mechanics able to advise?

odydog
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4022 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Recently had a New turbo fitted,Renault Scenic 1.5 diesel Feb this year.Havng major problems with oil consumption and now loss of power. Since having it done i have been hearing a whistling noise,never hear before turbo change. Is it likely that the new turbo is failing or is it just coincidence and it is something else? The car is going straight to the garage in the morning.Any advise would be great as im not at all convinced this is not connected.

Many thanks

Sounds like the turbo hasnt been fitted correctly to me.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

i did have a mechanic tell me exactly the same, but i do not want to go to the garage tomorrow and get told something totally different. I feel so much better now Thanks

• 1 month later...

A whistle can be either the turbo itself or an air induction leak.

So tell us some more about this excessive oil consumption?? In fact, give us something more to go on like how it drives etc?

sounds like a standered scenic to me

ours tends to go through about 5 liters of oil per 2 months. found 2 leaks so far but unable to find the water leak, or the stalling issue

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

no just pouring oil

found a leak near the gear box

leak near the engine on a pipe

think the sumps leaking

everytime it rains theres a rainbow on the drive

the water i cant find a leak, yet every time i check the expansion tanks dry

replaced pencil coils and plugs, fixed the stall for a little while now its back

all brakes done, pads and disks, calipers checked and still squeling

im sorry but the scenic (its a 54 plate so technicly a mrk2) is NOT a car i would recommend to anyone, the only car ive ever had more trouble with was the sedona and thats only due to it having a majour electrical fault

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek: