Suspicious Phone Calls / M&S credit card debt

ruthie26
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4061 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I'd appreciate any comments on the following. I received a letter last week from Marks and Spencer Financial Services informing me that they have sold my M&S credit card debt to Arrow Global who would be contacting me in due course.

Over the last couple of days I have had several phone calls (number witheld) supposedly from a company selling wine. They ask for Mrs ....... and then my Christian name, followed by my address so that they can send out some brochures. Needless to say, I refused to give out any personal information and hung up.

Am I being cynical and is this all too much of a coincidence or is this a trick that debt collectors use to find out information?

Many thanks, Ruthie

You did the right thing. Even if it was genuine, that is not the way to do business. No matter who they say they are, never ever give out any personal information to a stranger on the phone, especially to a cold call. Any genuine trader wouldn't hide their phone number.