Cash Converters Buyback Issue

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4091 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Could anyone offer info on a buyback at Cash converters? Their shop has burnt down in Kings Heath and i sold some of my goods on buy back. I had until 10/4/2013 to re purchase. Sadly all items lost apparently. Where would i stand?

I doubt not very well.

Am sure there will be a clause that due to circumstances like these they will be covered.

Were you given any terms and conditions as there are non for the buy back scheme on their website

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

Would the items not have been covered by the company's insurance ?

When you take something to a place like this, they only give you a proportion of the value of the item as the "loan" so would they be obliged to give you the full value ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

buyback is different to pledging, I'm afraid. I doubt if you have any redress as you gave title to the goods to them and they are obliged to give you first refusal before a certain date in the event of a sale. Well, they arent going to sell the items now so that contrcat is void.

As you had the agreed money they are within their rights not to offer you anything else but it wont hurt asking about a replacement.

I'm sure the receipt they gave you tells you that you have "sold" the items to CC and you have an "option" to buy back.

I'm pretty sure also that there is a specific mentioning on the receipt if goods are lost or damaged by fire/theft/flood.

It never rains but it pours...

Oh... From their website....

http://www.cashconverters.co.uk/press/important-message-about-our-kings-heath-store/

Back to Media and Press

IMPORTANT MESSAGE ABOUT OUR KINGS HEATH STORE

Please can all customers of the Kings Heath store with outstanding Buybacks, Lay-bys or Pawns please call the store on 0121 444 3445 please be ready to provide;

your name

address

contact telephone numbers

contract number of the item you are enquiring about

The store will look to resolve all enquires in a professional and timely manner. For ongoing business customers are requested to visit our Northfield or Acocks Green stores.

It never rains but it pours...