style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4073 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I yesterday recieved a letter from, 'Equita Certified Baliif's, ' saying that they had been instructed by the London Bourough of Lambeth in connection with the warrant of execution granted against you by the Traffic Enforcement Centre at Northampton County Court. I had no idea what this was about as I no longer live in London or have not worked in London for over a year. The letter did not state how much i owed nor did it state any details of the incident which they say I owe money for.

I phoned, Equita and spoke to the person and gave them my reference number. He informed me that it was from an incident back in April 2012 where turned left down a street where a left turn was prohibited and now the amount to be paid was 215 pounds. I explained that this is the first I had of heard of it and had recieved no letters previously telling me of this. He gave me the reference number for the PCN and suggested that I take it up with the council. I have tried using the reference number he gave me on the councils online website to show photos/videos of the incident but it says that there is nothing found.

After finishing the phone call i had a think and I do remember recieving a PCN to which I appealed but shortly after I moved house but notified the DVLA and got my vehicles address and details changed to my new address. I had a lot going o at the time and to be honest i completely forgot about the PCN until now (almost a year later). I assume that all of the letters and the warrant have all gone to my old address, which obviously I have never received and now I am getting a letter from the baliffs at my new address.

Where do I stand on this because i have notified the DVLA of the change of address to my vehicle??

At the time of writing the appeal I was unsure of my new address and nothing about my move was finalised until after i had written the appeal letter, so I could not put my new address on it for them to send any letters to.

I'm willing to pay the original fine but not pay all of the other fees as I did not know anything about it. I am going to phone the council later today but just wanted to know where i stand and if i have much chance of not paying these baliff fees?

How can they expect me to pay this money if I have never heard anything about this??

Any help will be appreciated

Thanks

You will need to apply to the TEC at Northampton to have the warrant suspended. Explain what you have explained here about you moving address. Hopefully this will 're-wind' the situation back to the PCN stage.

Please Note

The advice I offer will be based on the information given by the person needing it. All my advice is based on my experiences and knowledge gained in working in the motor and passenger transport industries in various capacities. Although my advice will always be sincere, it should be used as guidence only.

I would always urge to seek face to face professional advice for clarification prior to taking any action.

Please click my reputation 'star' button at the bottom of my profile window on the left if you found my advice useful.

You should call the Traffic Enforcement Centre on 08457 045 007. Wait to speal with the operator and you need to ignore the message prompts.

Provide the operator with the PCN number and ask them to confirm the precise address on the warrant. This should be old address. If current address...ask for the date that a "reissue" request was made.

The TEC officer will then email you either a TE7 & TE9 or PE2 and PE3. Hopefully, the forms are the TE ones as they do not require your signature.

Make sure that you send the completed forms back to TEC by EMAIL and it would assist if you provide some evidence that you had advised DVLA of your change of address.

Have you advised the bailiff that you had moved address? If so, he should know that he must NOT enforce the warrant.