Very - again!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3976 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have been on a payment plan for £5.16 a month for the last year. I have just received a statement on which it appears that my payment arrangement has come to an end.

I called them, and was transferred to an "internal collection agency" who gave me 2 options, either they could reduce my payment to £56 every 28 days which is a hell of a jump from £5.16 that I had been paying, or to take the debt over 3 years, and continue adding interest at 39.7%, which would make a monthly payment of £35. Neither option is viable, as hubby is still not working and I am on a 3 yr pay freeze.

Is there any letters that I can send to Very?

They said that the original arrangement was with the catalogue, and that now it has expired, its been passed to another department.

Please let me know if there is anything else we can do.

Thanks in advance.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The only letter you need send them is one of a complaint, then exhaust their complaints process, YOU call the shots here, YOU tell them what YOU will be paying.

DO NOT discuss this over the phone with them again, keep EVERYTHING in writing.

If they ring laugh and hang up.

Keep a diary of events regarding this, keep all of their letters including envelopes and mark the date you received them.

When did you take this account out?

How much is the debt?

And this is a non-priority debt, so £5.16 is a very generous offer, foolish of them to demand more tut tut, if they're not too careful then they will only get £1 a month for the life of the debt.

How much of the amount is charges/fees?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Im pretty sure that when youre on a repayment plan with someone, and they sell ur debt on...the new people are obliged to carry on with your repayment.

This is true, but very won't have sold it on.

It'll be NDR collecting, who are Very.

They stopped all interest etc when they accepted the £5.16, but on todays statement they have added £12 for non payment of the minimum payment which they say is £547, and they have also added £27 interest. I have always paid the £5.16 on or before the due date and never missed a payment.

Ignore the interest and non payment charge.

Drop your payments down to £1 a month, don't ask them, just do it.

Set up a standing order and pay them £1 a month, if they want to play games, then they lose.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Ignore the interest and non payment charge.

Drop your payments down to £1 a month, don't ask them, just do it.

Set up a standing order and pay them £1 a month, if they want to play games, then they lose.

The good thing about this is that there is NOTHING very can do about it :)

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Dont forget to reclaim the interest too at their rate!

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

I only suggest dropping the payment to £1 as they are trying to cash cow you by adding fees and charges.

Nothing to be embarrassed about it's only bits of paper...

So, I drop the payment to £1 and claim back the £39? I take it there is a template letter for the claim somewhere on here? Lol. Also do I need to inform them I'll be only paying £1 and if so, is there a template letter for that too? :)

No just adjust your standing order to pay £1 a month.

As for their charges, just keep a note of them and if you want to reclaim them at a later date you can, or simply ignore the charges and just pay what you physically owe.

Nope. Not a chance. Not ever. In a million years. Nein. Nadda. Nil chance.

Yup. We know every trick in their silly little books.

Bailiffs! For a catalogue debt!???? I will eat this laptop if this ever happens..............anywhere!

Ok, so I received a letter from NDR today. No surprises in it. However I was wondering about sending a CCA letter. The only thing is that when I have written to them in the past, I've more than likely signed the letters. In this case, should I bother sending them a CCA letter at all? What would a CCA achieve? Thank you for all your help so far.

Don't send anything. Just do as advised for now. If your account was created post april 2007, then theres little point in a CCA request, as its very easy for them to get a reconstituted CCA.